Polyphia

What's Hot
I was listening to Spotify's random playlist last night, and came across this band, Polyphia. And WTF!!!  It's like nothing I've ever heard.  Mind bending shredding, done with very pop, uplifting feel.  Lots of synth, e drums and general production geared towards mainstream sound, but it's at top level of technical mastery I've heard in a long time.  Love it, love it.  If you haven't heard of them, give them a listen. It seems they are coming to UK in October too. I think I'll have to go see them :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Have you seen this.  He plays it half speed first, before playing it full.  This guy plays a guest solo on one of their tracks

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    FUCKKINNGG LOVE THEM.

Honestly I was thinking about starting a thread on them last week, but I was only on my phone.

There last EP has been in my car (via Spotify) for a while.

This is great:

• Muse is an incredible album. 87 and Hourglass being my top fave tracks. Can't stop listening to them. 
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2583
    tFB Trader
    I started listening to them last year, coincidentally that's when my lust for a Floyd rose equipped guitar started
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    They're brilliant.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Uh oh. Who dares to attempt it? https://polyphiatabs.com/
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2900
    This is awesome. Reminds me of a poppier CHON.
  • Just discovered them, and just discovered that they're not coming to a town near me :(

• @gusman2x ; You live in Manchester, right? they are playing Rebellion on Saturday 4 Nov.
  • @hairboy Sweet! That wasn't on their tour page. I'll check the ticket sites. Thanks!

edit: just checked and they're supporting someone else, meaning more expensive tickets! Grr. How come it's so expensive to see bands now? I wanted (and still might go) to see Dragonforce, but they're like £17 a ticket too!