PRS SE Custom 24's with Maple Necks? Thoughts?

What's Hot

Comments

• Obviously haven't tried one of these but I do have an SE Custom 24 Floyd Exotic Wood model which has a satin finished maple neck. It's a very well put together guitar and the neck feels great.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I think i'd prefer a natural maple headstock, but they look good and will go like hotcakes I expect!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    edited September 2017
    They getting expensive. Another £400ish and you'd find a used USA CU22/24jobbie. I like the blue with maple mind.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    drwiddly said:
    Obviously haven't tried one of these but I do have an SE Custom 24 Floyd Exotic Wood model which has a satin finished maple neck. It's a very well put together guitar and the neck feels great.

What he said.

Ive also got one of these, and although the fretboard is rosewood, the maple neck does feel effing fantastic!

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3343
    edited September 2017
    No idea if they’ll sound radically different from the other models but at those prices I’d be picking up an S2 model. 
    Ive a satin standard 24 that’s just a beast of a guitar and it only cost me £600. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LOL, Richtone in Sheffield are having a PRS Private Stock night next week and they noted they would be unveiling new UK SE's now it looks like Andertons have stolen their thunder. Id echo the sentiment above and only buy SE's Used as for that sort of money you are in used CE territory

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited September 2017
    Satin maple neck is the best.
    +1 regarding used CE.
  • thanks guys! I’ll put the Gassing aside then and wait for a second hand one.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    should come with a customodial sentence...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • What are the chances that this "innovative" maple fingerboard idea will conveniently prove to be so successful that it becomes a regular production feature - especially since CITES took effect?

Of course. I'm so cynical I immediately thought 'CITES' when I saw these.
  • Yeah I think CITES too. The PRS model is based around new Ltd releases. Satin maple necks, whatever wizardry next??!!

I like their guitars, but not so keen on their marketing in recent years.

• expensive for an SE - there is a used CE on these forums for not much more - i know where i would be sending my money