PSA Blackstar amp sale at PMT

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Lol at all the speculation that Blackstar is being dropped. You only have to go on their Facebook page to see there’s a new product range imminent.
    For some reason, despite being an all British company that has come from nowhere to global success in a few years (and who make IMHO some superb products, have turned the cheap praccy amp market upside down etc.) a lot of people seem to really want Blackstar to fail!

I've no idea why people are like this (and I'm certainly no referring to any specific post or poster), but if one doesn't like Blackstar kit, obviously one doesn't buy it!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72431
    darthed1981 said:

For some reason, despite being an all British company
    Hmmmm… this is one of the things that gets people wound up about them. Yes, the company is British, and their head office and designers are here. But the products are made in the far east, so I would not describe them as an "all British company" any more than most of their amps are "all valve".

It's absolutely true that I don't like the sound of the amps much, and I certainly don't want the company to fail - but this sort of stretching of the truth, products claimed to be all valve when they're actually hybrids, and putting Union Jacks on the backs of the amps etc to trumpet their 'Britishness', does irk me.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    Hmmmm… this is one of the things that gets people wound up about them. Yes, the company is British, and their head office and designers are here. But the products are made in the far east, so I would not describe them as an "all British company" any more than most of their amps are "all valve".

It's absolutely true that I don't like the sound of the amps much, and I certainly don't want the company to fail - but this sort of stretching of the truth, products claimed to be all valve when they're actually hybrids, and putting Union Jacks on the backs of the amps etc to trumpet their 'Britishness', does irk me.
    All fair points.

I feel the market is far richer with Blackstar in it though, they have really put out some great product especially in the budget market IMHO.  Will be interesting to see the reaction to their new range of amps when they come out.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7807
    Lol at all the speculation that Blackstar is being dropped. You only have to go on their Facebook page to see there’s a new product range imminent.

So yup, venue MK2 series just got released.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    The Venue MK2 series was at Summer NAMM so it's been known about for a while. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom