When you discover new old music!

What's Hot
Don't you just love it when music just hits you right between the legs, but don't you just hate it when it has been there all along?

Listening to Magpie Salute on spotify and then on comes the radio mix where they try to match up music that is related to what you were listening to.  On comes this dirty blues sound, a band called North Mississippi Allstars.  Wow what a sound, so glad I heard this band.  Then I find out they have been around since '96 and the guitarist was in the Black Crowes!!

Really cool, if you like early Black Keys and dirty blues then I highly recommend these guys...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The first NMA album is pretty classic stuff. Is it as long ago as 96? Wow :anguished: 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The first NMA album is pretty classic stuff. Is it as long ago as 96? Wow :anguished: 
    Not got that far back yet. Just listening to World Boogie - pretty funky stuff. Looking forward to going backwards!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Not got that far back yet. Just listening to World Boogie - pretty funky stuff. Looking forward to going backwards!
    Shake Hands With Shorty was released in 2000, I haven't lost four years of my life then! Phew. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Shake Hands With Shorty was released in 2000, I haven't lost four years of my life then! Phew. 

Was just going by this: http://www.nmallstars.com/about/

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10272
    I've only recently got into Skid Row.They where probably overshadowed by GnR in my case back in the day,but my god, what a great band.

Not sure of the output post and including Subhuman Race,but the first two albums are killer.

Also Twisted Sister. Dismissed as a novelty band when they released We're Not Gonna Take It but I recently listened to a best of on Spotify and I'm now converted.Seem like a great bunch of guys too judging by the film We Are Twisted F*cking Sister.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2526
    edited September 2017
    Haha skid row were the first band I ever saw! MK Bowl 1990 supporting Bon jovi, they were an epic live band Seb Bach was one hell of a front man
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 684
    Haha skid row were the first band I ever saw! MK Bowl 1990 supporting Bon jovi, they were an epic live band Seb Bach was one hell of a front man
    I was there!

Seen Skid Row a fair few times, last year, about four years ago, then back in tge day touring first and second albums. Always great live
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 684
    I have only recently gotten into Lynyrd Skynyrd.
  • I consider myself an old heavy metal fan - started in the school back in 1989. Since then I strictly stick to the "classic", the music which started it all: From Accept and Helloween to Metallica, Annihilator and Slayer. About two years ago I have discovered Trivium (I have heard them before of course, but never listened to). Now they are one of my favorite bands :)
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 658

I got into Jazz  in particular Miles Davis/Coltrane/Migus a couple of years ago. I'd listened to Django for years because of the guitar but never really thought about other instruments.....

Similar thing with Tom Waits.... can't listen to enough especially the Ribot stuff

Those artists led me to listen to more Latin American music.