NGD Tele

crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11463
Having been without a Tele for around a year and half, a friend of a friend was selling this Baja at a very reasonable price:

Couldn't really say no at the price it was offered even with a big ding on the bottom.  I don't feel too guilty as there were some set up issues that would have meant a lot of Feebay customers would have returned it.  I've got it playing quite nicely now though.

Love the neck, and it sounds good as well.  I know the butterscotch is more common but I actually prefer the black.

Very pleased.

I do need to thin things out so look out for an SG in classifieds in the near future.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have a butterscotch, which means every other kind of tele makes me go "oh! look at that!"  Nice find.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• Stupid question but I don't know Fenders, what does baja mean? I've seen it a lot.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11463
    The Baja is the model name for this particular Tele.  It's made in Mexico.  I think it's part of the Classic Player series.

It's a mix of vintage and more modern features.  It's got the classic vintage style bridge and construction with the truss rod adjustment at the body end, but it has 9.5" fingerboard radius with medium jumbo frets.

This is the 50's one, which has a big, but very comfortable neck.  There is a 60's version with a rosewood board, and 60's C profile neck as well.  That does look lovely in Sonic Blue.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9725
    edited September 2017
    Bit of trivia - Baja (pronounced Bah-hah) is Spanish for 'low'.

The peninsula that drops down past the Mexican west coast is known as Baja California. I'm guessing that's where Fender took the name comes from.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it