SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Fractal FX8 boxed with custom made 'humbuster' cables.

handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1007
edited October 2017 in FX £
SOLD £695 collected or £715 including insured next day special delivery.
(collection from Suffolk, near Ipswich)

Fractal FX8 in mint condition. Comes with original box, printed manual and 2 custom made 'humbuster' cables. 

Amazing FX processor. When you think what this can do switching wise and what it includes fx wise for the price of 2 big strymon pedals it's incredible!
The built in Looper is amazing as well. :-)

I'll try and get some better pics if i get a chance but it's in all pretty much mint condition with the original box.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9571
    Man, I do miss my old one Rik... ill be keeping an eye on this ;)
  • I've decided these are the secondhand bargains of the century. Considering we came to the consensus the other day that an FX8 will cover the same ground as the likes of the Strymon Timeline AND the Big Sky AND the Mobius AND shitloads of drives, eq, wahs, a great Leslie simulation, routing options, amp switching capabilities etc etc etc, it's insane how little they go for used. 

The bizarre, fickle world of gearheads. 
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited October 2017
    Man, I do miss my old one Rik... ill be keeping an eye on this
    Mine is working great with the Kemper. I'm not sure where this combo ranks alongside the Helix & Axe FX II/AX8 stuff, but I like it.

It certainly beefs up the Kemper's FX options using the 4CM, so anybody with a Kemper should consider one 
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • You're absolutely right it's the bargain of the century. To achieve everything that this can do switching wise and effect wise with physical pedals and power supplies would probably cost around £3,000 at least. The reverbs and multi tap delays in this thing are incredible. If you like ambient style music and being creative with delays you would fall in love with this thing pretty quick. 

@wazmeister. It would be a pleasure to sell it to you as one of my previous  happy customers. ;-)

Truth is, i'd love to keep it but I can't afford to. I bought it to compare to my Helix. I genuinely think the fx8 sounds better especially the fuzzes, drives and reverbs. Plus the modifiers in the fx8 can be so creative (setting LFO's and sequencers for various parameters etc) and it's a shame the Helix doesn't have that option.

The fact is that after using Helix for the last year and a half I'm so used to the operating system that I can't make the switch. I guess I'm just a simple fellow!
  • Hmmm... I've been here before...dare I go there again?
  • You dare!! 

It would be quite poetic if you were to buy it since the main reason for me selling it is to recoup funds after buying your Mesa rectoverb. ;-)
  • You dare!! 

It would be quite poetic if you were to buy it since the main reason for me selling it is to recoup funds after buying your Mesa rectoverb. ;-)
    So this would complete the circle...or something.
  • Indeed!
  • Bump. Bargain of the century still available! 
  • I want another one of these, what on earth is wrong with me
  • Nothing. They're amazing. I'd love to be able to afford to keep both!