Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Flu jab

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24359
    Surely, it's rather unfair to blame a flu vaccination that is void of any live viruses and it is technically impossible to catch flu from, when you are visiting a surgery to have it.  A surgery where every door handle and surface has been very recently touched by people actively infected and contagious with everything under the sun - in flu season!

Unless you are getting your jab from a freshly-showered nurse, wearing rubber gloves and a face mask, in your home (where nobody else has visited for a while), I think the odds are that your post-jab sickness is nothing to do with the vaccination and everything to do with you visiting germ-central to get it.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    I've never had a reaction from a flu jab and I've had a few in recent years, but I do know people that have been ill due to them. Just depends on the person I suppose.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Emp_Fab said:
     a freshly-showered nurse, wearing rubber gloves and a face mask, in your home 
    Been there, done that. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13944

axisus said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    Been there, done that. 

I hope he was fully qualified

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4310

axisus said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    Been there, done that. 

Indeed. Did you feel the little prick?

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    CHRISB50 said:

axisus said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    Been there, done that. 

Indeed. Did you feel the little prick?
    He does that every 10 mins or so..
  • hungrymarkhungrymark Frets: 1782
    edited October 2017
    People get their jabs at the start of the flu season, so you're more likely to get (a different strain of) flu (or other similar infections, eg adenovirus) after you've had the jab, but correlation doesn't necessarily equal causation. And as others have said, it's a killed vaccine so won't cause the disease. However, the symptoms by which flu is characterised are caused primarily by your immune system's response to the virus (hence why the symptoms of so many viruses are described as' flu-like' - it's immunological - but the damage caused by flu and other viruses in its absence would be far worse) so a mild cold-like thing can happen. If it does, it means the vaccine is working. Flu is a killer, and the vaccine programme, although hit and miss in its targeting, is neccessary.
    Use Your Brian