How much do you sleep?

What's Hot
During the night of course, not just dozing at your desk during the day. If I don't get a good 7 hours in regularly, I'm good for nothing. 

My mate, who's a bit of a Topper, claims he thinks sleeping is a waste of life and can get by on less than 5 hours a night. 
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13964
    Not enough. I like 8 hours but seem to only get 7. I get more tired as the week goes on hitting a low point on Thursdays. I wake very early, around 04;00 or 05:00 at the latest and can’t get back to sleep

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3927
    Bed at 9pm up at 5am generally.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10347
    Usually around 6-7 hours when on a day shift but anything from 4-6 when on nights.I try to catch up at the weekend and don't set any alarms so I wake up naturally.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I try to get 6-7 hours but usually ends up being slightly less. Usually in bed by midnight and get up around 8am but keep waking up halfway through if I'm stressed which I currently am. I can't really get by on less than 5 hours, though have done tours on 2 hours sleep or even less.
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    In bed before midnight, fall asleep around 12:30, alarm goes off at 8:00, get out of bed about 8:30, so I guess around 7.5 hours on average?
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    I like to sleep for as long as possible, so ideally I get at least 7 hours, preferably 8.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • 8 hours a night always.  
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Weeknights it's bed around 11, up at 6:30.

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Not enough. 4-6 hours maybe.. Varies..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Zzzzzzz..... huh?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6266
    Probably about 6.5 hours a night, a bit longer at weekends.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2246
    I have a baby who thinks between 2am and 5am is fun time. Last night i had about 5hrs broken sleep.

These days i look forward to leaving for work in the morning and sitting in my marketing corner and being thankful for the coffee's that appear on my desk.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    The evenings, when everyone is in bed, is the only time I get to do any guitar practise, so its usually about 12:00am to 12:30am that I get to bed, and my alarm goes off at 5:30am to get me up to walk the dog. Weekends I get to lie in until 7:00am ...ish, dependant on Toddler :)
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1477
    not enough. I'm up at 6-6:15 most days to walk the dog, but mostly don't end up going to bed until gone midnight -__-
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8495
    Weeknights it's usually bed around midnight, sleep at about 12:15, awake about 7 with another half hour of light dozing. To be honest, I don't think it's quite enough - I'm trying to get into the habit of going to bed half an hour earlier but it's difficult to get out of routines, especially when you've got a partner - if I *do* go to bed half an hour earlier, it'll just mean I'm almost asleep when she comes in and disturbs me awake again.

I'll get revenge on her one day, maybe by being a bit sullen at a meal out or something.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm also a parent with young kids. 

A good night is 2330-0630 (7 hours). 

A bad night can be MUCH LESS- last Wednesday, saw me "coping" on 45mins. 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mynamesnotbobmynamesnotbob Frets: 114
    edited October 2017
    I'm in the sleep is a waste of time bucket, I've never been a big sleeper.

I can easily get by with 4 hours sleep, feel worse with 7 - I'm sure it's some deep built in inferiority issue that I am scared of missing something. Generally go to bed with the missus, but get up 4-5 hours before her, if I am away I stay up till 2ish but get up a bit latter than at home.

Some people just don't need much sleep. They do however always seem to end up with partners that need lots of sleep
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1207

My mate, who's a bit of a Topper, claims he thinks sleeping is a waste of life and can get by on less than 5 hours a night. 
    I don't understand the badge of honour nonsense. Sleep is important to humans. He'll likely die before you and others who regularly get more sleep.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • PabloPablo Frets: 38
    Normally asleep before 11 and then awake at 6 or 7 depending on which shift I'm on, so 7-8 hours. Never feels like enough, even if I wake up naturally. Thinking about it, I never sleep in any longer at the weekends when there's no alarm to wake me up.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27290
    Midnight till 730-ish in theory. Doesn't often happen though, between late work nights, early mornings for flights, addiction to Zelda...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires