Bah! Band given me the boot

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2930
    We once had a guy come and audition to play bass. He was quite matey with all of us and we knew him from seeing him at other gigs in the area. He didn't have a bass (which, in hindsight, was probably the first warning sign) so I lent him mine so he could learn a couple of songs for our next practice. He turned up, was absolutely dreadful, me and the rest of the band conferred at the end of practice (after he'd gone) and agreed he wasn't up to it.

Our singer rang him up immediately and explained the situation. He seemed very good about it, no hard feelings etc. A couple of hours later I get a tirade of abuse via text, full of stuff I'd supposedly said and just flat out insults. I never saw him or the bass again.

Dickhead.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I've never been fired. Left a few bands though, because they were shit.

In TNBD, our drummer does all the driving. He doesn't mind most of the time, but sometimes it grinds his gears. But then I remind him... who does all the recording, all the drum editing, etc... etc... everyone puts in their own things to offset the things they don't do. That's how I see it.

He does get reimbursed for his petrol from band funds, just like I get reimbursed for any website costs.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom