Fender classic series 60's tele

What's Hot
Anyone owned/played one of these regularly? There £660 new - typically Olympic white with mint green scratch guard and rosewood neck. 

I can't find one in a shop near me to try (I've tried wrexham, Chester, Liverpool and Shrewsbury)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1391
    I really really like mine, was my main guitar for years with no mods other than bridge saddles, and I'll miss it when I have to sell it to pay for amp repairs soon  :/

Look to pay~£350 secondhand.
  • bbill335 said:
    I really really like mine, was my main guitar for years with no mods other than bridge saddles, and I'll miss it when I have to sell it to pay for amp repairs soon  :/

Look to pay~£350 secondhand.
    Thanks @bbil335 - I know its a subjective question so I apologise for asking - but whats the neck profile like?

You may be selling yours in the future? where are you based? 
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    The neck is a slim 60's type C profile. Pretty comfy, although you may find it too small if you're used to the 50's Tele shape. 

They're really great guitars, solidly built. If I didn't have a Tele/rosewood 'board aversion I'd still have one! 
  • JDE said:
    The neck is a slim 60's type C profile. Pretty comfy, although you may find it too small if you're used to the 50's Tele shape. 

They're really great guitars, solidly built. If I didn't have a Tele/rosewood 'board aversion I'd still have one! 
    Not all - I prefer a slimer neck - have parted company with a Baja (which was otherwise a great guitar) and a 50's tele because I thought the necks were to thick. 
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1391
    It's not super slim like a modern fender. ~43mm nut. I'm in Birmingham, pm me if you want to know more. 
  • https://i.imgur.com/h6Zf0Qk.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/MLWTQsa.jpg

I have one which I got re-finished from olympic white.

I love it. It gets played as much as my avri 52 which is a completely different beast!

The neck is really slim compared to the '52. That was the hardest bit for me to get used to. All my other guitars have fat necks.

Pickups are brilliant in my opinion! 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9811
    ^ Looks great in that colour. Have a Wow!
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9744

I have one which is originally CAR but has been oversprayed black (that's another story). I much prefer rosewood/alder to the maple/ash of my 50s Tele, and I also prefer the threaded bridge saddles to either plain steel or brass (and I don't really miss the compensation). The pickups in the Classic Series guitars are very good imho.

I've owned and tried quite a few of the Classic Series by now, and I have found a couple that deviate noticeably from the norm in terms of neck profile. The 60s one I have is pretty typical though, similar to my Jag and Strat and nothing like the handful of the 50s Tele.

• chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4056
    I had a black one, really nice Tele and definitely one I should not have sold.  The neck is a nice size, not too slim.  You could upgrade the pickups but you don't really need to.
  • @thermionic @Panama_Jack666 @chrisj1602 @JDE @bbill335 ;

Thanks all - really helpful answers - pretty unanimously positive as well.