Leather amp handles

What's Hot
Treewig1Treewig1 Frets: 445
I've just got a fabulous Top Hat amp but the stitching is unraveling on the handle.  There don't seem to be many good replacement leather handles around in the UK.  

Can anyone point me in a good direction for one?

Thank you
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    Maybe give a holler to my mate Jason at http://jpwleatherworks.tumblr.com/ ... his stuff is great. He's a player and has built his own amp too. 
  • Treewig1Treewig1 Frets: 445
    Terrific.  Thank you!
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5051
    edited October 2017
    Treewig1 said:
    I've just got a fabulous Top Hat amp but the stitching is unraveling on the handle.  There don't seem to be many good replacement leather handles around in the UK.  

Thank you
    If the leather's not damaged on the existing handle you could get some carpet thread, a darning needle and a thimble and have a go at restitching it yourself.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I saw Heistercamp do some replacement handles recently...quality appeared to be awesome, as usual.
    Thanks.  Very useful suggestions.  Much appreciated
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3591
    Another route might be to take the handle to a heel bar and get them to restitch it if originality is important.

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1636

Cannot help with a handle but I well recall that the stitching was not good on the early Artisans and we had an A30 combo shipped a couple of hundred miles under warranty JUST because of that!

To make the matter even MORE silly, you don't even need access to the internals of the cab to fit a new one!

A #2 pozi and an 8mm flat blade, job's a good'un.

Dave.

• RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3171
    tFB Trader
    Got a picture of the handle in question? I have a few in stock that might match
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

Thanks all.  I've tied the loose thread off now, so it won't unraveling anymore.  @riftamps, it's the White Top Hat Club Royale I bought on this forum.  I'll take a close up of the handle and post it up here.
    @RiftAmps, some days I can load images on this site, some days I can't, no matter what I try (even when I try what worked before!!)  Today is one of the days when I cant!  Can I email you a picture?
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 887
    I actually have two black leather handles that are the same as the Top Hat if you're interested. £10 inc del
    I will take one, thank you! I'll pm you shortly...
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4928
    Treewig1 said:

Thank you
    There is a chap in Bracknell who makes horse tackle, leather vintage-style handles for cases & suchlike.

I got him to make me a non-adjustable bass strap; I figured it all I do is buy a strap and adjust it to my preferred length, then why not just get one which is made to that length to start with? Also it has just holes for my Straplocks, without a slot to pop the button in and out.

I came across him at the Moss End car boot sale (which isn't running just now).

He's a quirky chap who smokes and curses a lot, but if I needed a handle I'd go to him!

Len's Leather Craft, 07592 350550.