Fallout/Muffroom Cloud

What's Hot
ricorico Frets: 1220
Next up on the GAS list is the Fallout Cloud. It seems to be well regarded but I'd like some real life experiences please!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11449
    Love mine.  Had it nearly 6 months now so over the initial honeymoon period.

I've not owned a lot of fuzzes to compare it to though.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5169
    It loves a treble booster after it :)
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    edited October 2017
    My amp didn't particularly like it or it was t to my taste etc. However the veteran is great and has the added boost side too. Germanium version admittedly so hard to get hold of now but I believe there's a silicon version out soon
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Update: I got one and it's bloody awesome. So much scope in the eq. Just a great pedal. 
  • FezFez Frets: 525
    Great pedal I use a Mini Spark booster after for solo boost.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • markr76markr76 Frets: 360
    I have one also. It's a fantastic pedal. A real beast! I've always wanted a muff style pedal but have always ended up selling them as they tend to get lost in the mix in a live situation. Not the fallout though. The amount of eq available is fantastic. Will do subtle to silly rip your face off sounds! 
    Oh and it cleans up with the guitars volume control also. Which is new for me on a muff style pedal. It's also the first one of that type that plays nice with my badcat hotcat's clean channel. Which is a pain with some drive/fuzz pedals.
  • In terms of placement where do you favour the muffroom cloud? 
  • Mines after a tuner wah and RYRA... just wondering if I should put near the beginning of chain?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Mines after a tuner wah and RYRA... just wondering if I should put near the beginning of chain?
    I have put mine right at the start - even before the TU3.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • That's interesting do you find it sounds better there? I may try that.
    @builttospill to be honest it took the place of a tone bender type which sounded awful after a buffer and I can't be arsed to rejig my board. It sounds pretty good to me!
  • @rico ;Mines just after the RYRA but for some strange reason it sometimes gets a little drowned out in the rehearsal room (pirate studios earsfield) on it's own it is beefy as F@@k through my princeton
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    @rico ;Mines just after the RYRA but for some strange reason it sometimes gets a little drowned out in the rehearsal room (pirate studios earsfield) on it's own it is beefy as F@@k through my princeton
    Mine got drowned out too sometimes but thought it was my amp being too distorted already 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @builttospill I kind of know what you mean and I use the same studios but I use my own amp however it's 'only' a 40w valve combo and I use the clean channel. If I knock some of the bass down it doesn't seem to get as lost. 

When do you practice?
  • rico said:
    @builttospill I kind of know what you mean and I use the same studios but I use my own amp however it's 'only' a 40w valve combo and I use the clean channel. If I knock some of the bass down it doesn't seem to get as lost. 

When do you practice?
    Ha! we tend to practice on Sunday from 6-10pm, maybe once or twice a month... I use one of those god awful Laney heads and cabs... much prefer those Roland JC40's they used to have
  • Mines after a tuner wah and RYRA... just wondering if I should put near the beginning of chain?
    RYRA LOLS