These sound awesome!

What's Hot
flyingvflyingv Frets: 555
edited October 2017 in Guitar
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Saw these earlier. Look veart interesting but I bet the price will be ridiculous 
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 619
    Very interesting...and work ..just been reading some info on the net and he says they won't cost anymore to make than normal strings .
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 618
    Certainly looks interesting. We are programmed to expect harmony and discordant tones though, I wonder how this will pan out. Music yearns and only yearns to be exact but there are no straight lines in nature. Being exact all the time means no tension and becomes less interesting AFAIU anyway.

An experiment with some natives in some jungle that had never heard western music didn't find any music had tension/resolution harmonious/discordant when compared to eastern music. The beat seemed to have more interest. Eastern music has far more 'notes' in a 'scale'.

As westerners 'in general' we cannot 'handle' eastern tones , . . . . this is probably courtesy of 'The Well-Tempered Clavier' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Well_temperament where we 'learned' to be in tune. But we still desire some primordial chaos. For example when you lower your voice to warn a child "Don't you dare do that" we drop by a 3rd from our base tone. Want to scream at somebody going through traffic lights on red we use a perfect fifth - Oh my God, you are going though on red. But deviation from the perfect will create added tension (creep up to a whole tone bend is pure chaos really) and we love that. Look at George Harrison's lead riff in I've got a feeling where he just bends one string one tone slowly, and that is it, genius, East meets West!

Certainly phenomenal what you can do with chords though! Different paint - neat!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23533
    I began watching that thinking OK, what'll this "special strings" crap be about... but it actually works!  I really like the fake slide effect.
  • I posted about these before.

http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/113509/new-string-concept-in-tune-bends#latest

There's a link to the paper which explains how they work.

• VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1039
    these sound fantastic, can't wait to see if they do actually go into production.