Amp repair Sheffield/Rotherham

What's Hot
wayneiriewayneirie Frets: 419
edited October 2017 in Amps
Any suggestions, spoke to one guy, he's taking ages to come pick it up. Not going to Music ground/whatever its called in doncaster. They took ages to do one of my guitars. Any Suggestions? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72419
    wayneirie said:

Not going to Music ground/whatever its called in doncaster. They took ages to do one of my guitars.
    I'm not surprised. It takes a bit of time to fabricate the parts they needed to replace the original ones they'd nicked off it...

There are a couple of members here from not far away - @DJH83004 is in Nottingham, and @4114Effects is in Bradford.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    I can recommend Dave Gascoigne at Rosewell Amps
    http://www.ajeweb.co.uk/ra/

• DJH83004DJH83004 Frets: 196
    Thanks for the recommendation IC, am based in North Notts, so so not a difficult journey from South Yorks, and I am a Rotherham lad, so at least I will understand you Wayne  ;)
    You will have to drop it down to me however, PM me or send me a message via my website if of interest, turn around typically a week to ten days depending on parts.
    Admin - hope this is not seen as a plug, just happy to help a fellow forum member out, as to be honest have more than enough work to keep me busy.    
  • As above, Dave at Rosewell. He's in Carcroft, so not far from you.
  • You could try John Chambers in Nottingham, bit of a legend, but not sure if he is still in business.
  • Good to know there are some good amp techs near South Yorks, this info will come in handy in future.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    John Chambers (Champ Electronics) is an amp repair god in our part of the world, check out his website http://www.chambonino.com/  but can be a bit difficult to get hold of I believe.

• wayneiriewayneirie Frets: 419
    Thanks Dave, I'll be in touch just trying to sort a lift to get it over to you, currently struggling with a hernia
    No problem at all Wayne, if you would pm me with details of your amp and a summary of the issues, that would be helpful and i will send over my address details. If you need a loan amp whilst I have yours, I may also be able to help out. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom