Why 3am ebay is usually bad news...

What's Hot
LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
So I was up with my non sleeping daughter for a few hours as usual a little while ago... Picture the scene, there's a couch, and upon this couch (Dfs sale) there is me - long haired, tired, but still managing to look fairly dashing, in an unshaven, dear god it's 3am why am I awake sort of way. It's cold so I'm using a unicorn blanket. Resting half on my lap and half on the couch is my little girl. She's 14months and in my totally biased opinion the most perfect thing ever. Scene set. Browsing ebay, looking at tuners. See a Rowin chromatic tuner pedal auction ending on 2 mins at £8, so I figure what the hell, its a tuner, it has one job.. Can't be that bad? Right? Wrong.. Arrived other day, plugged in, looks pretty, flashing lights and all that jazz.. Apparently tuning is relative.. There is so much wiggle room around a note is quite unbelievable. Ifs almost a whole semi either side and still 'In tune' Today my daughter is carrying it around using it as a teether..
8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• A number of years ago I was at a party. Shall we say I had enjoyed the hospitality a fair amount. Someone pointed me at a computer... On it was displayed a private number plate that was for sale. "That would be perfect for you Chris! You should buy it" 

Drunk Chris, minus financial filters but sadly having enough money in his bank account gleefully puts in his card details and forgets about it. 

Several days later, a very expensive bit of paper arrives informing me that I can now legally put the number plate on my car. Then I remember through the fog, exactly why it is I've got no money. 

The (Then) Mrs Returns helps the situation immeasurably by pointing out two facts: 

"You're gonna look a total wanker with that on your crappy Peugeot 205 diesel" 

And 

"Don't forget the credit card bill is due."

3am internet should be banned, or at least fitted with a breathalyzer

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4559
    edited October 2017
    Another lol for your century. As for tuners, my polyphonic hardwire one is a dream. Can see all six strings at once and tune to D and even C I think
  • BlackjackBlackjack Frets: 248
    Hahaha, one friend of mine purchased a set of bagpipes during an 'apres alcohol' EBay session and another guy I knew ended up the 'proud' owner of a black Rolls Royce with gold plated door handles! 
    Ebay should have the equivalent of child locks on it! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Late night Ebay is so dangerous.. needs a morning after button :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • A number of years ago I was at a party. Shall we say I had enjoyed the hospitality a fair amount. Someone pointed me at a computer... On it was displayed a private number plate that was for sale. "That would be perfect for you Chris! You should buy it" 

Drunk Chris, minus financial filters but sadly having enough money in his bank account gleefully puts in his card details and forgets about it. 

Several days later, a very expensive bit of paper arrives informing me that I can now legally put the number plate on my car. Then I remember through the fog, exactly why it is I've got no money. 

The (Then) Mrs Returns helps the situation immeasurably by pointing out two facts: 

"You're gonna look a total wanker with that on your crappy Peugeot 205 diesel" 

And 

"Don't forget the credit card bill is due."

3am internet should be banned, or at least fitted with a breathalyzer

I thought it was going to be the punchline, but it wasn't.

What was the numberplate?

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
    KN 08?
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    Who sets up an ebay sale to end at 3am anyway?  I normally time mine for prime time weekend evening.
    On the other hand perhaps it's a good idea to guarantee a sale to a drunk or sleep-deprived buyer! :)
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    edited October 2017
    aord43 said:
    Who sets up an ebay sale to end at 3am anyway?  I normally time mine for prime time weekend evening.
    On the other hand perhaps it's a good idea to guarantee a sale to a drunk or sleep-deprived buyer!
    China does