eBay Content: The '78 Squir is back!

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8039

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12449
    Dear oh Dear,must be a super special run from 4 years before they were actually introduced. Funny how many cheap guitars are "rare" these days.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8565
    Forget that the guy doesn't know much about guitars and I quite like that. The paint job seems to be relic'ing nicely too, not too think a finish.
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3419
    I like that on the back of the headstock it says 'crafted in China' but on the neck plate it's only 'made in China'. As though they couldn't be bothered to craft that bit or something...
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72943
    To be fair, he does at least have a reason for thinking it's a '78 - rather than just making up a year he thinks sounds cool, now "70s" has become the new "60s" - but it shows that a little knowledge can produce a big mistake if it's applied out of context :).

These are actually very good guitars, I had one that I used when I was briefly in a wedding band, which I fitted with a pair of Duncans and a 5-way Superswitch to get the coil-split sounds. It sounded pretty much the same as my PRS! I bought it for £50 and sold it for £100...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• WezVWezV Frets: 16914
    I saw a "1983" green epiphone for sale on a Facebook group yesterday.   A mere £450 asking price.

Identical to my 1996 when they first introduced the colourful options.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14671
    tFB Trader
    bugger - if it had have been a 1979 model I would have had it 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72943
    NelsonP said:
    I like that on the back of the headstock it says 'crafted in China' but on the neck plate it's only 'made in China'. As though they couldn't be bothered to craft that bit or something...
    I've also just noticed it seems to have two different serial numbers, so I suspect the neckplate may not be original. Why anyone would change it given that the neck and body do appear to match, I have no idea!

Or are they all like that? I can't remember from my one.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein