SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Fender - American Vintage '65 Jaguar (3-Colour Sunburst)

What's Hot
cllmcllm Frets: 5
edited November 2017 in Guitars £

Hello all,

Selling my AV65 reissue Jaguar. Purchased new from GAK in 2016.

Has spent most of it's time out of the case so while its in fairly good condition it does come with some dents and marrs:

All in good working order with the addition of a Staytrem bridge - all original bridge/mute components are included along with the usual bumpf from fender, cable, strap, manual and case etc.

Located in Stoke-on-Trent, happy to travel if needed for the right buyer but reluctant to post at this stage. Please PM or post below with any questions / photograph requests.

£1200.

Thanks for looking,

Callum

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14568
    cllm said:
    dents and marrs:
    I see what you did there. :)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cllmcllm Frets: 5
    Haha I didn't even realise!!

Haven't had much interest in this to be honest. I suppose everyone's buying the new Professional series, pah :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14568
    Try adding the word "Staytrem" to the thread title. ;)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8190
    Lovely guitar but I think your price is a bit too close to what people can get a brand new one for? 
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 762
    edited October 2017
    Hattigol said:
    Lovely guitar but I think your price is a bit too close to what people can get a brand new one for? 
    Dude, if you’re new around here, classifieds rules state NOT to critise people’s pricing openly. If you want to make an offer do via messages. 

Plus, new prices are like £1650 so £1200 with a staytrem is a decent price in my view. (For any mathematicians, that’s damn close to 30% saving on a new one plus bridge)

GLWTS!!
  • Aye nothin' wrong with that price. Good luck. 
    Thanks guys. Appreciate all points.

To be honest I have struggled to price it as I can't seem to find any completed auction listings on eBay, which is my go to benchmark for market value.

i'd just like to echo what jellybelly said, if the price is too high, make an offer!
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    Mmmm...tasty. :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• They really got the bursts right on these new American Vintage series. If only they could do non-hideous tort guards they’d have nailed it. Quality on this range is flawless - absolutely love my Jazzmaster. 
  • Hydra19Hydra19 Frets: 329
    I'd say the price is ok. I have seen MIJ Jaguars priced like this too, so an ok deal for what looks like a new guitar. One problem with using Ebay for price benchmarking is that sellers are starting to include Ebay seller fees in the price, so the item can usually be had cheaper outiside of Ebay.

It's a beautiful Jaguar, I'd be happy with that for £1200 if I were looking for a new jaguar. Good luck with the sale :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • kerryboykerryboy Frets: 169
    Pm'd you
  • Interested in a trade for a usa Les Paul gold top? Near Birmingham
  • kerryboykerryboy Frets: 169
    Is this guitar still for sale?
    Afraid not sorry. Although I never received a PM from you kerryboy? 

Will amend thread title in a mo.