NGD - More Feline content

What's Hot
So this is the 25th Lion prototype - I saw some pictures of it being built and just about bit Jonathan @FelineGuitars hand off wanting it :) It arrived safe and sound this afternoon:

Sorry about the crap phone pictures, Jonathans much better pictures are here.

I've already got a Lion so I had a sense of what to expect and this guitar does not disappoint at all - visually stunning, it sounds like proper rock and roll swagger at any setting and on either pickup or both.

At this point I have to doff my cap to Ash at Oil City @TheGuitarWeasel as this has his PAT 63 pickups in it and they sound amazing! Ash I think you may have just beaten the BKP Mule into second place as my favorite lower output passive pickup - that is something I didn't ever think was going to happen :)

I have to salute Jonathan as well - I have no idea how you manage to hit it out the park so consistently sir but keep doing it, but I'll tell you now my Gibson LP's are looking very worried indeed ;)
0reaction image LOL 15reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7815
    Quite awesome
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • what are the frets made from?
  • monkey42monkey42 Frets: 341
    Fabulous guitar 

congrats
  • Have a wow!
    Sound clip?
  • Thanks chaps its an amazing guitar :)

what are the frets made from?
    They are Dunlop 6000 fretwire, not SS I don't think - Jonathan correct me if I'm wrong here!

Have a wow!
    Sound clip?
    Unfortunately at the moment it would have to be on a phone - I might give it a go none the less!
  • drippycatdrippycat Frets: 140
    Beautiful!
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11643
    tFB Trader
    Frets are Dunlop 6000 nickel silver

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4906
    Beautiful guitar as ever from Feline.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11643
    tFB Trader
    The full kit supplied....including the very sexy ThorpyFX Ltd Edition pedal

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Finally broke out the Thorpy pedal after a few hours of playing the guitar last night, very nice indeed.

Great guitar, greate pedal - love the bare foot button too, cool idea :)
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    That looks amazing. Not usually one for that sort of finish/colour but that looks the absolute business.
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    And to the OP, no idea why you'd want to keep a Gibson when you have that. ;) my lion special was the end of the search for a LP style guitar. 
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    As some may be aware I have something of an obsession so just want to say nice case :D
  • A great case.. and cool pic with the hanger making it look like the guitar is floating. 
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3096
    A great case.. and cool pic with the hanger making it look like the guitar is floating. 
    I've not seen a white Hiscox before - lovely. The guitar is a thing of beauty indeed. One day eh.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• I tried a lion at the Birmingham guitar show and it was amazing. Unfortunately didn't have the chance to go through a tube amp with it but was very impressed.
  • @FelineGuitars I'm quite interested in how you do your neck join. How is the neck secured to the body? I'm thinking it would have to have a decent surface area to allow itself to be properly secured and still give enough purchase so it doesn't move when you dress the heel away.
  • Thanks for the kind words Gents
    kjdowd said:
    And to the OP, no idea why you'd want to keep a Gibson when you have that. ;) my lion special was the end of the search for a LP style guitar. 
    :) I agree - it's getting over the emotional attachment I think! I've had both of them for a long time, realistically I've not picked up either of them since Jonathan sent me my other Lion.

A great case.. and cool pic with the hanger making it look like the guitar is floating. 
    I've not seen a white Hiscox before - lovely. The guitar is a thing of beauty indeed. One day eh.
    Yup the whole package is amazing down to the last detail - first time I've seent the Hiscox in that colour too!

Jonathan is a gentlemen to deal with, he will take great care of you when the day comes, hopefully it will be soon :)
  • @FelineGuitars I'm quite interested in how you do your neck join. How is the neck secured to the body? I'm thinking it would have to have a decent surface area to allow itself to be properly secured and still give enough purchase so it doesn't move when you dress the heel away.

Jonathan would need to tell you the technical details of how he manages it - but here is a picture of the back of my other Lion. You can just make out the line where teh two set of wood meet.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Pic of your other lion, please..