Any suede/grippy straps that are highly adjustable?

So I've got a couple of lighter instruments I want to stay in place more on a strap.  The individual loops on the suede straps I have end up at an awkward in between position to where I want.  All my heavier instruments have nylon straps as the weight keeps them in place and they're all set so my playing position is pretty consistent.

So are there any suede or grippy straps that are adjustable in the same way a cheap Ernie Ball strap is?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AndyRAndyR Frets: 158
    Ah! I thought it was just me... watching with interest :)
  • FloofFloof Frets: 17
    Yes I have a suede Levys one that is continuously adjustable like a ‘normal’ strap.
    Will post a pic when home 
  • That sounds exactly what I'm after.  Where did you buy it?
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1865
    I recently bought a woven cotton strap. I think it was this one:
    https://www.absolutemusic.co.uk/planet-waves-50ct00-cotton-guitar-strap-black.html
    Works well for me.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7965
    edited October 2017
    Does the woven cotton keep the instrument in place?  That's why I'm specifically looking for suede, it's like glue on a typical shirt.

On heavy instruments I deliberately go with nylon because it's slippier, as the weight will keep the instrument in place anyway and if it moves the suede gets quite uncomfortable as it drags your shirt about.  Have the opposite problem on light instruments like acoustics, they need help to stay in place hence the suede
  • DaevidJDaevidJ Frets: 414
    I use a plain leather planet waves locking strap which has a suede underside. I find it very handy to use over multiple guitars. 
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1865
    Does the woven cotton keep the instrument in place?  That's why I'm specifically looking for suede, it's like glue on a typical shirt.

On heavy instruments I deliberately go with nylon because it's slippier, as the weight will keep the instrument in place anyway and if it moves the suede gets quite uncomfortable as it drags your shirt about.  Have the opposite problem on light instruments like acoustics, they need help to stay in place hence the suede
    It does on my G&L Tribute Fallout. But that's a bit offset so sits nicely anyway. The strap is firm and feels much nicer than the nylon ones. I should try the cotton strap on my kit built Tele as that has a neck dive issue, but unfortunately they are both in storage during decorating. :(
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • FloofFloof Frets: 17
    That kind of thing yes.
    i did buy it in 2003 so it isn’t necessarily a current one I have.

mine is a sand colour.