SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Trying to price this CS guitar to sell/trade in Fretboard - advice please

JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 395
edited October 2017 in Guitars £
I am finding my 69 Reissue CS Strat neck an issue - getting achy (breaky!) hand cramps and prefer the 65 neck shape on my Tele. 
Before I list this guitar....please could yo fine FB people give me some price pointers.
Thinking £1700 as P/X offerings are £1400 ish.  However I may be optomistic!
Cheers  Jon  (Trade option here to consider)

Similar to this guitar, but a 69 reissue Journeyman.  (IMGUR pics not playing ball!)

http://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/electric-guitars/fender-custom-shop-60-strat-journeyman-relic-vintage-white.htm

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• adampeteradampeter Frets: 775
    Nice Strat, What sort of trades are you interested in?
  • That link says that the neck is a 65 shape.  Is yours more of a U shape and that is why it is giving you grief?
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9591
    Jon, I think you are bang on with that price mate.

i think I sold my CS Strat in the end for around £1500 in the end 
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2808
    I might have the wrong end of the stick but the peaches guitar is a 60's Strat and you're saying yours is a '69. I only say this because my feeling is that the bigger headstock guitars aren't quite as popular and may not attract quite as much as the smaller headstock ones (could be wrong of course).
    I'd say you're being a tad conservative. New and s/h prices have gone up a little bit.  If it's like the peaches guitar I'd say £1,700-£1,800.  The bigger headstock, £1,600-£1,700.
  • JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 395
    Thanks.. .big headstock 69 U neck shape.
    To be honest..i bought on a whim overvthe net and thought it said 65 neck shape! Should have put my glasses on..
    Think I will trade it for someone else as it will be a lot easier and as i am heading for another guitar anyway (convinced myself!)
    Thanks