Odd Reverb responses

What's Hot
I have recently discovered the joy of selling on Reverb, great rates when compared to ebay. Of course ive got a little drawn into looking at gear on their too. I spotted a reasonably priced guitar located in London. Now i work in London during the week and the company i work for kindly provide me a flat. So i contacted the seller of said guitar who had two or three items listed. I asked 'whereabouts roughly in London were they located'? The response i got back still baffles me. 'Which item?' was the only reply. So i mailed back ' are all your items in different locations?- nevermind!' Such a strange and guarded response for a relatively inexpensive item. Any one else had random responses via reverb.....?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited October 2017
    Eh, am i missing something, I think its OK for the owner and seller of multiple listed items to ask someone making an enquiry which item they are interested in , dont you? The smart arse reply just makes you look like a bit of a dick, if you want anhonest opinion 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • Page one of the "now not to get scammed" handbook also says "if someone contacts you and is non-specific about what you're selling, be wary" so to be honest I see where the seller was coming from. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Eh, am i missing something, I think its OK for the owner and seller of multiple listed items to ask someone making an enquiry which item they are interested in , dont you? The smart arse reply just makes you look like a bit of a dick, if you want anhonest opinion 

He asked where about in London are the items, I think in that case the sellers response is odd. I'd assume they were all located with the seller but apparently not
  • Page one of the "now not to get scammed" handbook also says "if someone contacts you and is non-specific about what you're selling, be wary" so to be honest I see where the seller was coming from. 
    Yeah agreed.

• SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    edited October 2017
    underdog said:

He asked where about in London are the items, I think in that case the sellers response is odd. I'd assume they were all located with the seller but apparently not
    That was my point. I had infact asked with specific regards to the item i was interested in via the item page so it was a case of the seller being lazy and evasive. I wasnt asking for the address and postcode but a rough indication of whereabouts in London, as its a big place and travelling around can take as long as travelling back home to Yorkshire!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Yeah agreed.

But i was specific, and asked for a rough location. The seller could easily read my feedback, trading history and see my multiple listings also......

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Maybe a bit evasive, but no harm in replying telling him which item you are interested in
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7348
    hang-on - maybe he has blanket posted lots of sales items and in his eagerness to reply he has asked which Item are you looking at so that he can re-acquaint himself with the price offered etc...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    In pre-Interweb times, the classified advertisement vendor asking "which item?" was considered a dead giveaway for a business masquerading as a private individual. (Advertising charges for business customers were higher.) 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.