Op-Amp Muff Reissue on its way

What's Hot
jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 465
edited October 2017 in FX

From a Billy Corgan interview with MusicRadar here;

In other exciting news, Corgan also reveals the famous op-amp Big Muff, made by Electro-Harmonix, will be getting reissued in the near-future, and they’ve requested his input - having been one of the key perpetrators of its legendary fuzzy textures on alt-rock landmark Siamese Dream.

“I told him I didn’t want anything: I want to do it because they changed my life. That sound is the sound! So they’re bringing the original op-amp series back, which is great, because the Soviet versions were never quite the same. If you want the creamy Siamese Dream tone… watch this space.”

Is it slightly odd to see EHX bringing out the reissues years after everyone else has been doing it? Not many of the big pedal companies have admittedly but there's no shortage of Russian, Op-Amp or Rams Head clones out there already.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27135
    Seems appropriate to tag @ICBM :D 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 660

I'm not sure I see the point when you can get most of the way to various muffs with the Deluxe Big Muff they brought out a couple years ago....

http://www.kitrae.net/music/Deluxe_Big_Muff_Settings.html

• jpttaylor said:

From a Billy Corgan interview with MusicRadar here;

In other exciting news, Corgan also reveals the famous op-amp Big Muff, made by Electro-Harmonix, will be getting reissued in the near-future, and they’ve requested his input - having been one of the key perpetrators of its legendary fuzzy textures on alt-rock landmark Siamese Dream.

“I told him I didn’t want anything: I want to do it because they changed my life. That sound is the sound! So they’re bringing the original op-amp series back, which is great, because the Soviet versions were never quite the same. If you want the creamy Siamese Dream tone… watch this space.”

Is it slightly odd to see EHX bringing out the reissues years after everyone else has been doing it? Not many of the big pedal companies have admittedly but there's no shortage of Russian, Op-Amp or Rams Head clones out there already.

It's because they're not making any money by sitting back and letting other pedal builders rip off their designs.
  • IMG
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    BC's done a demo look: