Pedal order?

boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12370
What's the perceived wisdom on pedal order here? I'm rejigging my board at the moment and have gone with the suggested order from the guy at Gilmourish, which is different from anything I've tried before. 

So now it's tuner, boost, fuzz, wah, comp, volume, möbius, drives, delays, reverb, amp. 

Would you swap anything around? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Only if you want to change how they affect each other. If you like the sound leave it as it is.

In general the relationship between distorting effects and others is the most important. For a drastic example distortion before reverb means the reverb is added cleanly on top of the distortion. Distortion after reverb will distort the reverb and give a very different result
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16099
    I would say it's right but would swap the drives and Mobius locations
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12370
    Dominic said:
    Yeah that's how I had it originally. The univibe setting definitely sounds thicker and more syrupy this way round, which I quite like. The rotary setting is very different though, not sure I like it. What to do? Argghh! 
  • boogieman said:
    Dominic said:
    Yeah that's how I had it originally. The univibe setting definitely sounds thicker and more syrupy this way round, which I quite like. The rotary setting is very different though, not sure I like it. What to do? Argghh! 

Fortunately, Strymon have you covered. Set the pedal to pre/post mode, put your dirt pedals in the loop (L Out to pedal input, last pedal output to R In) and you can select in each patch whether the effect comes before or after your distortion.

http://www.strymon.net/manuals/Mobius_UserManual_REVC.pdf

Page 22-23.

IMO most modulation effects sound better before distortion, but most sound good both ways. Except rotary speakers, which only sound good to me after distortion.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• Usually you want wah's and tuners first, then drives then time based effects (delay etc). But if you like how a particular set up sounds then go with it.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12370
    boogieman said:
    Dominic said:

Fortunately, Strymon have you covered. Set the pedal to pre/post mode, put your dirt pedals in the loop (L Out to pedal input, last pedal output to R In) and you can select in each patch whether the effect comes before or after your distortion.

http://www.strymon.net/manuals/Mobius_UserManual_REVC.pdf

Page 22-23.

IMO most modulation effects sound better before distortion, but most sound good both ways. Except rotary speakers, which only sound good to me after distortion.
    Good call. I'd forgotten about that!  ;)