What controls the power amp section?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1636

Hmm? Well, 'nothing' weighs nothing which is why they cannot quite get electrons to light speed despite huge energy inputs.

No matter, so long as things work!

Dave.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2583
    tFB Trader
    I think this conversation might have just gone past the point of being suitable for a guitar forum..... =)

Anyway regardless of what KOC thinks about flow of charge, the two books of his that I have a riddled with error and obsolete opinion, there are much much better sources these days
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72418
    ecc83 said:
    Hmm? Well, 'nothing' weighs nothing which is why they cannot quite get electrons to light speed despite huge energy inputs.
    No - a 'hole' does weigh nothing because it is not a physical object, it's the *lack* of an electron. It's not the atom missing the electron that moves, just the lack of the electron which effectively moves because the electron has gone the other way.

It is absolutely true that nothing physical moves in the direction of conventional current, but it's still a flow of current because positive charge can be considered to move that way around the circuit.

Regardless, it would be a major pain in the backside to throw out all the standardised circuit designs to show them in terms of electron current :). Especially as in a negative-ground system (which as far as I know all valve circuits are because of the very nature of cathode emission) it would actually be a lot more complicated.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10419
    Does the direction of an electron depend on whether we are looking at it or not ? :) 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1636

"Regardless, it would be a major pain in the backside to throw out all the standardised circuit designs to show them in terms of electron current . Especially as in a negative-ground system (which as far as I know all valve circuits are because of the very nature of cathode emission) it would actually be a lot more complicated. "

Agreed IC, as per my point about Mr Flemming. If you are using the term 'hole' as a concept then yes, it can be massless.

Dave.

• jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2734

Current flow can be due to movement of either positively or negatively charged particles, so conventional current was always going to "wrong" under some circumstances.

• jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2734
    Danny1969 said:
    Does the direction of an electron depend on whether we are looking at it or not ? :) 
    Heisenberg would say so......
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom