New Pickup day. bareknuckle pickups RAGNAROK

What's Hot
ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6182
edited October 2017 in Guitar tFB Trader
Fancied trying this new pickup from Bareknuckle.... can't lie, it was the Carbon look that drew my eye initially.... however it is absolutely monster.

Loud, clear and brutal with distortion and yet when you move to the clean channel its pleasant and articulate too. Overall it does the heavy thing very well, I'm stoked and it looks great in my Tom Anderson Angel.

https://i.imgur.com/uFJpWhz.png
Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Is it actually a carbon fibre cover, or just carbon effect?  A bit too boy racer For a Les Paul maybe, but looks great in the Anderson
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6182
    tFB Trader
    you don't have to have this pickup design.... its an option though. its carbon effect, that is laser etched onto a black powder coat cover. does look the part though.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5276
    shallow:)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    Ragnarock?
    tFB Trader
    Jetfire said:
    Ragnarock?
    Yes indeed, I meant to say in my post
  • What amp are you playing through? Does it sound beefy?!
    tFB Trader
    What amp are you playing through? Does it sound beefy?!
    I’ve tried it through my Mesa Mark V and  Orange Rockerverb 100 MKIII. It’s got a very tight bottom end, cuts through really well and doesn’t flub out at all. I can see why Misha Mansoor has these as his second signature set. 
  • ThorpyFX said:
    I’ve tried it through my Mesa Mark V and  Orange Rockerverb 100 MKIII. It’s got a very tight bottom end, cuts through really well and doesn’t flub out at all. I can see why Misha Mansoor has these as his second signature set. 
    Nice nice, and what tuning? I have a BKP Nailbomb which I like, but have been looking around for something else to put in. I like how the Ragnarok has sounded in the demos.
    tFB Trader
    ThorpyFX said:
    Nice nice, and what tuning? I have a BKP Nailbomb which I like, but have been looking around for something else to put in. I like how the Ragnarok has sounded in the demos.
    Standard and drop D today, I’ll try drop C tomorrow 
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited October 2017
    Never knew you had a TA Angel!
    tFB Trader
    Yup in purple burst with a roast maple neck and rosewood board. A flawless guitar. 
  • ThorpyFX said:
    Yup in purple burst with a roast maple neck and rosewood board. A flawless guitar. 
    We NEED PICS!!!!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    tFB Trader
    ThorpyFX said:
    We NEED PICS!!!!
    oh go on then.....

https://i.imgur.com/nbdEj6N.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/pmFPA2j.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/fVUZqxN.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/5too8cv.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/tnmluYV.jpg

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It was you who bought that one then!!!! Amazing guitar, mate! Congratulations. Stunning!

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994

very nice guitar.

you had any experience of the juggernaughts for a comparison? They always seemed very harsh when I've heard them

• Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    God that guitar is gorgeous.  Love that colour combo.
  • Seriously can't stop thinking about that guitar! How does it compare to a Suhr or PRS 24? 

tFB Trader
    Seriously can't stop thinking about that guitar! How does it compare to a Suhr or PRS 24? 
    both Suhr and PRS guitars are incredible. I think the Angel is closer to a high spec Suhr than the CU24. It is much more playable than a CU24 (faster really/effortless) and has a more versatile and noiseless pickup arrangement with the passive booster and the add bridge option. The trem is smooth and with the locking tuners, i doubt you'd miss a flloyd rose.

where this really caught my attention over a CU24 (and i played a custom wood library one as the A/B when i bought this) was that the neck feels just incredible, smooth as glass, not sticky, rolled edges.... and amazing fretwork.

I have a few guitars and this is the heavy/speed machine, albeit i am not a speed player.

as for suhrs... i think they are on a par, but the TA has the better neck for me (and an incredibly stable neck joint)
  • @ThorpyFX Thanks for the write-up, mate. I'm a big fan of the pattern thin neck on the PRS and a fan of the Suhr neck too, so the Anderson must be awesome to beat them two! 

I'm really interested in trying one now, might be time for a road trip to Stonehouse!

• ElwoodElwood Frets: 454
    @ThorpyFX 6 months down the lone, how are you finding it?