NGD (and OGD) - Les Paul content

What's Hot
ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
Had a bit of a road trip last night to collect a couple of guitars purchased from forum members. First it was off to sunny Huntingdon to meet the rather nice Mr @Trotter. I'd agreed to buy the stunning 40th Anniversary he'd listed in classifieds. And boy is it a beauty. It weighs a ton and is kitted out with P90s - by far the rawest Les Paul I've got. A serious beast with a comfortably thick neck, ebony board and years of honest wear. Am a little bit in love already....

Second port of call was the glamour of South Mimms services. And I was really excited about this one. A year ago I sold all my kit bar a Chinese Tokai 335 (not worth much, and actually a really nice old guitar to play) and the Tokai LS50 goldtop I purchased from @Limehouse_Blues. I clung on to the Gold Top for as long as possible - before needing to sell to fund the final few weeks before income from my new business started appearing. 

I was absolutely gutted to let it go.

I did the deal with Trotter whilst spending three weeks working in Barcelona. An hour after I'd agreed to buy his Les Paul my Fretboard inbox pinged with a message from Dom, who had purchase the Tokai. Dom was brilliant as I'd asked for first dibs if he ever sold it - and he stuck to it. It was a very quick "yes!" from me. So it's back. And I'm proper chuffed. Sporting OX4s it's still a killer guitar - from the wear on the gold top to the beautifully light back and comfy neck. An absolute winner. 

Thanks to both guys!

Here's the spoils of the road trip...

(both arrived with pickguards, which are now safely stored in the cases!)
0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments