Practicing Rig recomendstions

Hello

I'm looking at a versatile practice rig. I'm looking for a looper pedal to lay loops down and must be portable. I also want to plug my phone in to play along work out tracks and ideally have either the same unit or something else that i can use my headphones to listen and practice along to the loops that i have made or along to my phone recordings. 

Hope that makes some sense. Would be nice to have a half decent guitar sounds when plugged in using the headphones
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I use a Zoom G1xon when practicing while the kids are in bed. 

It ticks all the boxes you mentioned:  small enough to be portable, sounds decent through amp/headphones, lots of presets, looper, line in for MP3 input, drum machine, can be run off batteries & is cheap too.  
    Combined with my iPad and the Riffstation app its excellent. 

https://static.keymusic.com/products/220398/XL/zoom-g1xon-guitar-multi-effects-processor-2.jpg

Things to bear in mind- it sounds good, but obviously it's a cheaper pedal and doesn't sound as "organic" as more expensive separates/multiFX might. 
    The headphone volume output is quite high- I have it set to 3 and that's PLENTY loud enough. 
    The menus are a bit fiddly to use, but you get used to it. 
    It's all plastic- I'm not sure how well it'd hold up to repeated gigging. I've used mine a lot at home/jams etc, but would be reluctant to rely on it for a big show. 
  • thanks so much for that! Seems like a good option! I'll check it out further i think. 

Does it have guitar sounds too? Clean and gain etc? i'm not excepting anything great
  • You can build an effects chain however you like, or just use one of the numerous presets. Here's a pretty decent demo of it:

• yeah just watched it. Looks and sounds ok. 

Any irig Users?

Question, once plugged in and found sound you like, can i then go on to other apps and still hear the guitar sound or does it cut out if you are not using the app?

Just thinking i could go on to youtube etc and play along?
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3347
    yeah just watched it. Looks and sounds ok. 

Any irig Users?

Question, once plugged in and found sound you like, can i then go on to other apps and still hear the guitar sound or does it cut out if you are not using the app?

Just thinking i could go on to youtube etc and play along?
    I use irig and JamUp pro and bias pedal. Your sounds move to the next app. 
  • Boss GT-1 into a monitor speaker.  
  • Boss GT-1 into a monitor speaker.  
    You can use headphones with that too! Looks good. So weird just watched the video on the boss site and its one of my old students!!!