NPD x 2: Effectrode Blackbird, Analogman KOT

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• pmgpmg Frets: 298
    pmg said:
    So tempted! Just had a look at the effectrode site and can't see how much current draw/mA is needed at 12volts
    Hmmm, maybe I was being ultra positive. Not sure Gigrig can power it...

It needs 12vdc at 1A

http://www.effectrode.com/wp-content/uploads/sr_71_blackbird_owners_manual.pdf
    Couldn't you power using a supanova and generator
    Possibly... but the Supanova is centre positive... Blackbird is centre negative.

Maybe the reverse polarity would be needed too ? Ive got both - ill try later.

https://shop.thegigrig.com/cable-adapters/
    Yes I'd expect so then
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30928
    Out of interest... can you run the blackbird from a pedal power supply? 
    Yes, but (from memory) it's the 4 x 4 you need to use.....it's 12vDC 800mA or something of that ilk and you need to use the red tip lead.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• GassageGassage Frets: 30928
    Blackbird is astonishingly good- shame you can't switch the red/blue channel without the micro.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• garfygarfy Frets: 144
    Gassage said:
    Blackbird is astonishingly good- shame you can't switch the red/blue channel without the micro.
    You can James, I had a Stereo lead into a Dual footswitch made for me by Bright Onion. Left switch did red/blue channel, right did green channel. 
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    I was told by Gigrig that I'd need 3 supanovas to power my effectrode tube drive. And reverse polarity if I remember correctly. 
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2246

Next, Analogman KOT. Always divides opinion, and this is a custom order beauty !
    Red channel extra switch and 4 jacks to work with the Gigrig G2.

Stack superbly, and naturally with the Blackbird by the way...

Nice, I've had the V2 since 2006. I've never really got the option divide on pedals (Klon had the same problem and Fulltone stuff when it was made in a shed). It's a pedal, it hasnt committed any warcrimes. 

The Kot does a certain thing and you can change that thing slightly with internal switches and a treble trimmer. I dont use mine much at the moment because other pedals do what I currently want better. However having made mistakes in the past I dont sell pedals anymore. 

THe KOT does a really nice Marshall impression IMHO and the boost just makes any amp sound nicer. It's a nicerizer. As you have independant channels IMHO leave it on all the time. 
  • @Wazmeister How are you getting on with the Blackbird? The transformer DI output interests me as to using this as the front end going into Reaper. 

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9559
    @Wazmeister How are you getting on with the Blackbird? The transformer DI output interests me as to using this as the front end going into Reaper. 
    I'm using it into the front end of a Carr Rambler, and I love it !! Very quiet - well silent in operation. I might try it straight into the DXR 10...
  • domforrdomforr Frets: 326
    @Wazmeister How are you getting on with the Blackbird? The transformer DI output interests me as to using this as the front end going into Reaper. 
    I'm using it in exactly this way - straight into Reaper through the Audient ID14 and it works very well. Certainly the best amp-less set-up I've had to date. Just add in a cab sim with Torpedo Wall of Sound and it sounds great. Be nice if it had an effects loop, but that's a minor quibble really.
  • Blackbird now sadly for sale :(
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom