NGD - Gibson Custom Content....

What's Hot
brownovichbrownovich Frets: 417
edited October 2017 in Guitar
Hey everyone,

Thought i'd do a belated NGD from last Saturday as I haven't had the chance to yet, so while i'm cooking the bacon (and no that's not a euphemism!) i'm gonna throw together a quick post to share with y'all

So last Saturday I bought my holy grail guitar... a Gibson Custom 57 Darkback. I nearly bought a used one of these about 3 years ago but I didn't take the plunge for reasons that i'm not quite sure of! I've regretted it ever since. So took a little trip to the Peach last week to try it out. Which is always dangerous for my wallet...

I'd been thinking about a heavily aged 59 they had in the previous week but with hindsight I think it was a bit too heavily relic'd for me. But it did get me thinking about the idea of reducing the collection and going for a few guitars that I absolutely love rather than lots that I really like.

I'm absolutely over the moon with it, it's so resonant and rings tremendously even when unplugged. Nice chunky neck that still very natural in the hand. Can't wait to gig it.

Little bit of lacquer cracking... gorgeous!

Absolutely love the custom buckers - loads of clarity and lets the guitar’s character come through.

Might post a bit of a demo video at some point when I get the chance.

Thanks for taking the time to look folks!
0reaction image LOL 21reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments