NGD strat content

skaguitarskaguitar Frets: 971
Got this yesterday from Michael of California Artist Guitars..a great builder and top bloke.
Alder body with a maple neck and rosewood board. Aged copper pickguard and Bill Wiggins texas pick ups. Lovely two tone burst.
The 2nd tone pot is a blend pot so you can blend a bit of the bridge pick up into the neck pick up for example.
Gigged it last night and I'm very happy with it and it sounds superb through my Rift amp.
here's some pictures

https://imgur.com/a/baBaM

:)

• “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mbembe Frets: 1840
    Congrats, that looks like a proper tool for the job.

I like the look. I think Strats are more appealing with a lived in appearance, but not fake relicing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skaguitarskaguitar Frets: 971
    mbe said:
    Congrats, that looks like a proper tool for the job.

I like the look. I think Strats are more appealing with a lived in appearance, but not fake relicing.
    Cheers... it is a great guitar and no relicing in sight...just aged hardware..I'm not keen on really shiny tuners and bridges etc.
    It is going to be a workhorse guitar
    • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
  • Scratchplate makes it!
    Scratchplate makes it!
    Originally it was going to have a mint green one...but then with the wood pick ups and controls the aged copper looked better.. :)
  • The wood hardware is super cool!!
    The wood hardware is super cool!!
    yeah I like it...I think the wiggins pickups only come in wood finishes so would've looked odd with white knobs...