New Board Day

What's Hot
impmannimpmann Frets: 12668
Well, it's almost complete... it's taken a lot of money and work but apart from making the tea, it covers most other things.
The M5 is my Swiss-army knife - it covers everything from reverb to modulation to distortion/Fuzz to synth noises. Thanks to the G2, it can sit anywhere in the signal chain and is switched by midi.
The Alter Ego is a nice box having three presets but I'm not convinced by its Echoplex emulation hence the Belle Epoch is staying.
Unseen is the Loopy2 sat under the board meaning I can bring in two further loops - meaning I can experiment with other pedals/multi fx and sit them "off" the board but still switch them.
The G2 is a revelation - it's so easy to use and preserves the sound of your guitar and amp perfectly meaning all the fx sound better. No menus meaning programming is child's play. And the Gigrig power supply may be expensive - but it's so *quiet* I've never heard stacked gains so quiet.
Anyway a pic is 1000 words and all that!

https://imgur.com/a/xCwfC
Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7788
    M5 with midi etc makes it quite versatile. Okko looks cool
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    what do you like about the Marshal compressor?  what other compressors have you tried that you prefer it to? thanks
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12668
    @Ro_S the Marshall is just a good compressor with a low noise floor. I'm not a fan of the Dyna Comp style compressors - they just flatten everything too much and ruin any form of pick attack for me. I've had the Boss CS 2 and 3 - both are too noisy (hiss) and again are a bit 'obvious'.

I used to have a Mr Squishy - original big box hand wired job - and that was fab. I sold it a while back and regretted it as it works like a studio compressor rather than a guitar one. It's so transparent you forget it's on - til you switch it off!

The Marshall is just great value and sounds fab. You'd need to spend several times it's value to get anything better, imho.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    @impmann - thanks.  i'm learning about compressors.  i don't think i have much use for them.  i think i might benefit from then for cleaner strummy stuff, though.
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12668
    For clean strummy stuff I'd rate the Marshall very highly. I paid £25 for mine... cheap as chips!

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9585
    Nice.

The Okko Diablo is probably THE most underrated OD pedal. Its a belter.