Old Ibanez Series 10/Master series pedals

What's Hot
Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235
I seem to have quite a few of these, When i started playing guitar in the 90's they were a bit cheaper than Boss.

Apart from the Tube Screamer, are they worth anything? there's not many on eBay to really gauge it. Probably should have sold them year ago instead of hoarding them in a box in the wardrobe lol.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72510
    The Fat Cat Distortion seems quite highly rated, not sure about any of the others.

They do have a problem with the jacks being very poor and easily broken, but they aren't too hard to replace with similar ones with a metal chassis bushing, if I remember.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235
    Thanks for that @ICBM ;;

I think i'll probably just shove the lot on eBay as individual listings starting at 99p and see what happens. 

I'll have to plug the Fat Cat in again, i recall it was a bit like a RAT 
  • Magnetic_EffectsMagnetic_Effects Frets: 135
    tFB Trader
    The Fat Cat is a modified Rat. Slightly different frequency response plus a different switching arrangement. 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    Didn't SRV use a TS-10 as well as an 808?
    Pete24v said:

I think i'll probably just shove the lot on eBay as individual listings starting at 99p and see what happens. 

I'll have to plug the Fat Cat in again, i recall it was a bit like a RAT 
    I'll PM you ;).

Do you also have a Session Man? 80s in a box! :)

Sassafras said:
    Yes - TS-808, TS-9 and TS-10 as his original ones broke/wore out and were replaced.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Sassafras said:
    yeah so i recall, Gary Moore also favoured the TS-10.. and a few other 10 series
    @ICBM Never fancied the session man, so don't have that!

I think the flanger is the only one in a box. 

I'll do a group photo ;-)
    Pete24v said:
    @ICBM Never fancied the session man, so don't have that!
    That's fine, it was only the Fat Cat I was interested in ;). I had a Session Man in about 1987 I think - I didn't actually like it!

• I have a few of those: the BCL Bi-Chorus, FL-10 Swell Flanger, BPL Bi-Mode Phaser and CCL Dual Chorus. All goods pedals, IMO.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    I have a few of those: the BCL Bi-Chorus, FL-10 Swell Flanger, BPL Bi-Mode Phaser and CCL Dual Chorus. All goods pedals, IMO.
    I think i have all of those lol, yeah, all very good
  • I'd be interested in the dual chorus.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
    I'll get a listing sorted with photos, which may take a while.. there is quite a few pedals!
    I obviously had a problem!!

Playing through them all today, it's hard to decide what to get rid of.. despite them not being used in well over 4 years.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom