Bigsby B16 Bridge advice please

paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
edited October 2017 in Guitar
So, Ive just received a Bigsby B16 that will be bolted onto my Guitarbuild Thinline Tele, however there is no bridge at present, I think a roller bridge would make sense, but have no idea what to get to do the job!...Suggestions please from the wise....
Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    edited October 2017
    Edit...moved to Guitar from Making and Modding...
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• don't do it ;)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    edited October 2017
    good way to spoil any guitar, despite what some people might tell you.

edit: even teles can be spoiled!
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Fair point Phil

• purely a personal opinion, you understand ;)

there are people around here who lurve Bigsbys - I just don't get it myself!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72441
    They originally used a rocking bridge rather than a roller one - with a preset intonation ridge which won't suit a plain 3rd. If you want something adjustable, a Fender Jaguar/Jazzmaster bridge or some modern equivalent with the 'thimbles' in the body will work. But if you want a roller bridge that fits a tune-o-matic footprint, Schaller do one. The problem is that it looks very 'modern', which probably won't go with the very steampunk-styled B16.

I must admit I don't like the look of the B16 even though I love Bigsbys. Although if you cut them down to just in front of the string bar, they then fit on a Rickenbacker without drilling the top :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein