SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

*SOLD* FS - Fender MIM Strat - Maple neck - Fender Noiseless Pups - Gold Hardware *Pics now added*

What's Hot
LKV_JazzmasterLKV_Jazzmaster Frets: 163
edited October 2017 in Guitars £
Fender Mexican strat in black with a maple fretboard. 

Selling this for my father. 

Not a case queen, she does have some marks including a few marks on the neck but she does play beautifully. None of the marks break the paint but they are relatively hard to photograph being black. 

The electronics and pickups have been upgraded to a Fender noiseless set. These were installed by a local luthier around 6 months ago.

All of the hardware has been switched out for gold including the scratchplate screws, although the tremolo arm is currently missing. 

Happy for you to arrange a courier or to collect from Portsmouth area as I have a spare shipping box.

He's selling as he's seen a guitar he's always wanted on the fretboard and needs to find the funds for it before it goes! 

Pics to be added tomorrow once I've picked it up from him. 

Looking for 350. 

Thanks
Luke

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4190
    Is that the one with the tinted vintage neck lacquer ?
  • Nope, afraid not. It's just the standard gloss finish. 

Mexican standard model - 2006 but with the aforementioned upgrades. 
  • Pictures now added
  • Howdy.
    Do you know what generation noiseless pups they are?
    I think the 2018 Elite Strats (that I'm trying really hard not to buy) have gen 4.
    I've played those and really like the sound.
    Would be interested if they are the latest level for cash or possible trade.........
  • LKV_JazzmasterLKV_Jazzmaster Frets: 163
    edited October 2017
    From what I can tell these are just vintage noiseless pickups. I've flipped the scratchplate and added some pics for you but im pretty sure the new Gen4's are like £220 a pack? These were around the £150 mark.

Sorry if that's not much help.

He's predominately interested in cash, as I say he's seen something he wants. But I can always let him know of any trade offers. 

• Cool.
    Just off to read reviews of them for a bit and chase up a potential sale that will fund this if I go ahead with it!
    Initial feedback (no pun intended) seems good though.
    Just want the sound to be be spot on, as the Gen4 are £220, so, would rather avoid shelling out more.
    Be right back, once some listening/reading is done.
  • No worries dude. Got to make sure it’s right for you!
  • No worries dude. Got to make sure it’s right for you!
    Indeed. Sounding good from what I've been listening to.
    How glossy is the neck? Hard to tell from the pics.
    I've played Strats with super shiny neck and I'm not a big fan. Much prefer a satin feel.
    It isn't a deal breaker, unless it super shiny polyurethane gloss, then it might be!
  • I wouldn’t have said it’s too bad. 

It it doesn’t feel sticky like some other Mexicans I’ve played and it’s in no way super shiny. I don’t think it would take much to strip it off the back of the neck if your that way inclined. 

I prefer the satin finish too so know what you mean. 

i don’t have any gloss necks to compare it to either I’m afraid. My JR Jazzmaster is satin. 
  • @LKV_Jazzmaster ;

Cool. If you click through my profile to my discussions you can see all the gear I have up for sale presently.
    Please have a look and see if there is anything in there that can be used in part trade.

In the mean time I'll put a lean on the guys that are interested in the two guitars I have for sale and see if I can close either or both out.

Then I'll come back this way!
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1298
    Is the guitar also on ebay with 22 bids on it? I'm after a strat and was gonna put a bid on it when I noticed it's on here too, what's gonna happen with the bids if sold on here?
  • @KrisGee  yes it is. If it sells on here then il pull it off eBay  if it gets to the day before and it hasn’t sold on here then I will let it go to the highest bidder on the old mans instruction. 

Like i said in the ad, he wants a guitar that’s on here at the moment and doesn’t want to lose the chance. 

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2778
    How much for the Davina video ? :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @sev112 sorry bud... she’s priceless ;) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @LKV_Jazzmaster ;

Good news, the guy is borrowing the LP I'm selling off me tomorrow to try out.
    If he likes it (he should) I'll be good to go on Monday.
    I do have to wait for that one to be confirmed as gone before I get its replacement.
  • Thanks for all the interest. 

Guitar now sold to a fellow fretboarder.