TS808 mods

baddog01baddog01 Frets: 8
   Ive had a reissue TS808 for a few years now. When I first got the pedal it didn't really do anything special as far as I was concerned.  I was into SRV a lot so I'm guess that's what fueled the purchase. After a couple months I decided to hit eBay and see what I could find for mods. I settled on one that claimed to give the pedal more of a Marshall sound and I guess it did that to some extent.  Since then I've aquiered and made a few pedals like a Marshall Gun-nor which I'm really liking as of late. 
   A few days ago I started looking for mods to try on the TS808 and tried a few. Found the General Guitar Gadgets tube screamer mod page which led me to the Geofix TS808 page. I highly recommend both pages if you want a better sounding tube screamer.  I didn't the Keeley mods and the 1meg gain pot swap from the GGG page and the 4 capacitor swap found on the Geofix page. My pedal now makes all of my other pedals sound muffled. It's a hell of a lot more transparent sounding than before.  The gain is good sounding but might sound better with a little softer clipping Diode setup.  I think it really shines as a boost into another pedal. Just crazy sounding. Really opens up a blanketed distortion or drive pedal. I haven't tried it with a driven tube amp but I will soon. 
  If anyone is interested in what I did just let me know and I'll see if I can post some links and pics. 

Keith

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments