Weird shit- calling HarrySeven

What's Hot
rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1384
An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    A mate of mine had one of those back in a very early band I was in.

I seem to recall he got it as a special import from his music-industry connected father.

He used to connect it to his Amiga through about 500 different cable converters.

It sounded bloody terrible.
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Slight addition.. we ALL sounded bloody terrible.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937

I seem to recall he got it as a special import from his music-industry connected father.

He used to connect it to his Amiga through about 500 different cable converters.

For some reason I love the idea of plugging a guitar into an Amiga - still got mine in a the loft somewhere.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Octafish said:

For some reason I love the idea of plugging a guitar into an Amiga - still got mine in a the loft somewhere.
    Nostalgia suggests it should have been brilliant. 

Reality was it sounded like a digital hamster fart
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14589
    edited October 2017
    The controller guitar doesn't make much sound without the matching rack mount converter module and a synthesizer.

At least it's in a colour that H7 does not have. I'll wager that he'll rail against the buyer's premium fees.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    The controller guitar doesn't make much sound without the matching rack mount converter module and a synthesizer.

At least it's in a colour that H7 does not have. I'll wager that he'll rail against the buyer's premium fees.
    Ah yes I remember the "rack mount controller".

To be fair, the Amiga wasn't much of a synthesiser as far as I recall. Then again, we were like 15 at the time and the bodged together cabling rig was, well, somewhat special.
    Bridgehouse said:
    cabling
    Thirty five years on, the all-important 24-pin umbilical cable is probably more valuable than either the Ibanez controller guitar or the rack unit.

I tend to think of the Ibanez X-ING system as a halfway house between the Roland G-707 guitar and GM-70 Converter. Somebody must have imagined that putting a guitar maker's name on the headstock would attract more buyers than the name of a synthesizer maker. D'oh!
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    I never took Harry7 for a weird shit-caller. I thought was a really nice stand-up kind of guy.
    mbe said:
    Harry7 ...weird shit collector.
    FTFY.

Check his forum signature. "HarrySeven - searching for sh*t guitars so you don't have to." 

mbe said:
    I thought was a really nice stand-up kind of guy.
    A comedian? Could be. <Jewish shrug emoticon>

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    edited October 2017

Cheers @rsvmark - I do already have one (and as @Funkfingers says not in that colour), but my all-abiding dislike of GH and their exorbitant fees* means I may well avoid bidding.

NB. Trivia fact - the whammy on these is not connected to the strings in any way - it's MIDI data only...

*Plus their evident lack of knowledge re. the items they broker.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/