Kenny Wayne Shepherd Tour

What's Hot
not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
Anyone else catching KWS on his upcoming UK dates?

I saw him at the Leamington Assembly last time and he's back there again, with local hero Laurence Jones opening (and no doubt joining him on stage for a jam). 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12379
    I'm amazed, he's playing some really small venues. Mr Kyps can't hold more than what, 200? How the mighty are fallen. Mind you I once saw Jennifer Batten play to a crowd, if you can call it that, of 14 people in a pub in Putney. 
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    boogieman said:
    I'm amazed, he's playing some really small venues. Mr Kyps can't hold more than what, 200? How the mighty are fallen. Mind you I once saw Jennifer Batten play to a crowd, if you can call it that, of 14 people in a pub in Putney. 
    The Assembly in Leamington is 1000 capacity standing, and a really nice venue.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    I could never quite get into his stuff. I bought his first two albums back in the day but they didn't gel with me at the time. I should get them out again for a spin ....
    axisus said:
    I could never quite get into his stuff. I bought his first two albums back in the day but they didn't gel with me at the time. I should get them out again for a spin ....
    Blue on Black is a great track. He went into mainstream pop for a while I think? I lost interest after the first albums too. 
    boogieman said:
    The Assembly in Leamington is 1000 capacity standing, and a really nice venue.
    Ah right. Mr Kyps is the only venue I recognised on the list. 
    boogieman said:
    axisus said:
    Blue on Black is a great track. He went into mainstream pop for a while I think? I lost interest after the first albums too. 
    The latest one (Lay it on Down) is pretty good, bluesy rock stuff, and the one before (Goin' Home) was a back to basics blues thing. I don't actually have any of the early albums!

Laurence Jones is certainly worth checking out, there's a thread on here saying "where are the young guitar heroes"...we'll he's one for sure, maybe not mainstream appeal but he's in his 20s with a fashionable haircut and he's playing great guitar
    boogieman said:
    axisus said:
    The latest one (Lay it on Down) is pretty good, bluesy rock stuff, and the one before (Goin' Home) was a back to basics blues thing. I don't actually have any of the early albums!

Laurence Jones is certainly worth checking out, there's a thread on here saying "where are the young guitar heroes"...we'll he's one for sure, maybe not mainstream appeal but he's in his 20s with a fashionable haircut and he's playing great guitar
    Yeah I've seen LJ, he's indeed very good. Have you heard anything by Dan Patalinsky? He's in a similar vein, terrific player. 
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1773
    If his tour was coming closer then I probably would go. I used to like listening to his first two albums, I might dig them out later, think he was only about 18years old at the time!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    boogieman said:

Yeah I've seen LJ, he's indeed very good. Have you heard anything by Dan Patalinsky? He's in a similar vein, terrific player. 
    Only a few tracks I've heard on the Paul Jones R2 show...so yeah I need to check him out properly.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    I love that the lead singer is named Noah !
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • I'm off to watch KWS tonight at Kyps and back there again this Sunday as they've managed to get Eric Gales back, supported by Elles Bailey.  Bournemouth v Chelsea tomorrow evening too means my liver is in for a hell of a weekend !
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Wow that was a bit good  - 2 hour show and he really went for it, awesome tone and great playing .  The singer has a fantastic voice but had pretty cheesy moves. He also reminds me of Ben Stiller in Dodgeball
    Wow that was a bit good  - 2 hour show and he really went for it, awesome tone and great playing .  The singer has a fantastic voice but had pretty cheesy moves. He also reminds me of Ben Stiller in Dodgeball
    Excellent, really looking forward to Monday. 

Did Laurence get up to jam with Kenny?
  • I missed Laurence as my wife's dental crown selfishly fell out as we were about to leave. He didn't jam with Kenny but from the murmurings around me he was very good 
    edited October 2017
    Kenny (and band) were flipping awesome tonight. Got to the front on the barrier and had a great time.