SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - vintage Gibson GA5

What's Hot
nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
edited May 2018 in Amps £
I know this is pretty unlikely so although I shouldn't be buying I thought I'd try my luck anyway!

I'm looking out for a 50s TV front Gibson GA5 like this:

Or a 50s Supro Supreme like this:

I've seen a GA5 has turned up in the December catalogue at a guitar auction so if I fail before then I may try my luck under the hammer (from a distance).

Let me know if any are floating about that need a new home.
Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    Another shot
  • You've been watching the Doug & Pat Show again haven't you ...
  • Hi
    have you seen the secondhand vintage 47 mighty mini for sale on Charlie chandlers guitar experience website?  Looks right cool! It's a remake of a little Valco. After looking on vintage 47's website looks like they do some cool versions of those old supro/valco s
    cheers
    uncledick said:
    You've been watching the Doug & Pat Show again haven't you ...
    Haha, haven't watched anything of theirs in a long while.  I just need to restore the balance as I picked up an old Musicmaster a few weeks ago and it's thrown my amp to guitar ratio out.  So rather than sell a guitar I thought it was better to add to this:

daddyash said:
    Hi
    have you seen the secondhand vintage 47 mighty mini for sale on Charlie chandlers guitar experience website?  Looks right cool! It's a remake of a little Valco. After looking on vintage 47's website looks like they do some cool versions of those old supro/valco s
    cheers
    I hadn't seen that but really want a proper vintage rather than recent build.  I know they have more maintenance attached and less tonal options but there's something about a decent old amp that just does it for me at the moment.
    Cheers
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12368
    I tried a 50s GA5 in Wunjo a few years ago, it was £500 I think and I loved it.  Couldn't be bothered to take it on the tube and then train so didn't buy it.  It had sold the next day when I thought about ordering.  Wish I'd bought it, no idea if it was a good price or not.
    Let's give this another go
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    edited December 2017
    Someone on here was selling a vintage 47. Old amps are less cool than old guitars IMO, maintenance is more of a pain. I'd buy an AC15HW TV personally, better sounding and more versatile IMO.

Best of luck anyway. 
    You might be best off buying from the states. 
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    Came across this guy, some interesting bits on the full stock list. 
    https://soundgas.com
    Just had a bit of money back from HMRC so on the look again