Fulltone secret freq? Thoughts or experience?

BowynMadleyBowynMadley Frets: 152
Hi.

Looking at buying one of these. Does anyone have any experiences with one. I've had an ocd before but this is a different animal. Feedback and comments appreciated.

Thanks

Bo
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    I was disappointed with it to be honest, spent about an hour in a shop with it, it was an EP boost type pedal where it just boosted certain parts of the frequency with an overly aggressive drive circuit in it. 

Nothing wrong with it at all a fine pedal, but I was expecting the drive circuit to be a lot wider range, but it's pretty aggressive / marshall sound.

If I was looking for that it would probably be a really good pedal, but it really didn't work for me with how I like to play. I'd probably look at it if I was playing in a rockier band. 
  • I've read mixed reviews hence me posting the question. I'm predominately a blues rock player but I do veer off into classic rock and early heavy rock from time to time. What I'm looking for is an overdrive that will compliment my existing driven tone (I use an RD Dualist so think if a dumble and a tweed deluxe had a child). Most overdrive pedals  sound shite as they are designed to work with a clean amp. I already have a clean boost that I love.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    I saw clips for it and it piqued my interest a lot - felt it had quite a treble booster type appeal and when one of the demos did a brilliant old school Brian May take on Ogre Battle from Queen 2 I was well impressed.

It does tend to have a Marshally/Vox midrange heavy focus
    I think as long as you want that then it will work for you 

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!