SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

GONE: 1965 Gibson SG Junior, players grade.

What's Hot
fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5058
edited October 2017 in Guitars £
1965 Gibson SG Junior for sale or trade. Players grade guitar with plenty of wear and tear - I mean
plenty of added mojo! It had Schallers on when I got it and I’ve replaced them with aged Klusons from Fake58, which really look the part and keep in tune very well. It also has a Mojoaxe wrapover bridge, so the intonation is now good. The original bridge is included. The guitar sounds great with a very ballsy and musical P90. The pickup and all the electrics are original. 

It has a great-feeling neck which is really chunky at the12th fret (over 24mm front to back) and the frets are in very good nick. I think they’re original but couldn’t swear to it. As you’d expect the guitar is as light as a feather - well under 6lbs from memory. The case is a high quality TKL fitted SG case made in Canada.

The finish is original although the guitar had a headstock crack several years ago, not through to the face and the repair is very stable and solid. There are also screw holes from a Maestro/Vibrola that have been neatly filled, and there’s an extra strap button hole at the heel, also filled. 

Trade-wise I might be interested in a Fender CS Relic, Gibson Historic, Martin or Gibson acoustic, or maybe a low-powered lightweight boutique valve combo. Cash either way depending on realistic values. For a sale I’d be looking for £1850. 

Collection from Salisbury in Wiltshire preferred. I do have a guitar carton and would pack it up well if someone wanted to arrange a courier to collect it. Alternatively, I might be able to deliver it to Basingstoke, Woking, or Waterloo Stations at a mutually convenient time, although I would require full payment in advance for that. 

Thanks for looking!  

https://imgur.com/a/Xo4Dv

250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments