SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Pro-Amp Venom £85 ONO

What's Hot
spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
edited October 2017 in Amps £
As title, 1 x 12 combo , 2 channels, Reverb, cool sounds, pretty loud ( 65W I think ) c/w footswitch.

Sounds similar to the Fender Princeton 112 Plus I have here, used with a few knocks but other wise solid amp.

Collect Walsall / ~Bham possible London delivery.

Offers considered ;-)

Some info I found  - 

They were a product of Proamplifiers - Proamp Ltd. a small company from Braintree, Essex that was founded by Roger Haines and John Cooper and that employed about 40 personnel. The amps date to early and mid 1980's.

MOSFET power amp and overdriven CMOS IC's in the pre for soft clipping. There was also a "Demon" which was more of a practice amp and a "Viper" hybrid with a 6L6-based tube power amp (+ solid-state PI, likely similar to one used in Music Man amps). Towards the 1990's they also introduced all-tube VSQ-series of dual-channel amps, which were basically competitors for the popular Mesa/Boogie products.

The company also manufactured those KMD amplifiers, which basically were just Proamp products relabelled and dressed into different cosmetics. Kaman Music didn't let Proamp put their name to the product though, so the connection is somewhat unknown. Proamp went down when Kaman discontinued the KMD line, as Kaman was practically the most noteworthy customer and money-source of that small company.

Those amps pretty much divide opinions - at least the KMD amps do: Some say they sound like ****, some say they are awesome. Basically, for the Proamp part the comments tend to fall to the "awesome" category although they are still the same things as those KMD amps. Funny how it works, isn't it? I believe its up to you determine whether its any good for YOU, though I think you already made your mind on that. The construction quality at least shouldn't be any issue.

Mac Mini M1
Presonus Studio One V5
 https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
 https://twitter.com/spark240
 Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
Reddit r/newmusicreview 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments