Imgur.. wtf?!

What's Hot
GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
in Off Topic tFB Trader
Im not really up to date on the whole internet thing a lot of the time. Photobucket was a real stretch for me tbh, it took me a while to figure out how to use it. Then, i think we all had to give up using it because they clamped down on using the pictures for forums? No idea.

Imgur... wow. I didn't realise that people could comment on your stuff. I also didn't realise they could vote it up or down. It looks to me like the YouTube of the image hosting world. People come along, leave shit comments and vote your stuff down then move on to someone else. The weird thing is whenever I reply with an equally stupid comment the original comment is then sometimes deleted (is that by Imgur or the user?).

Looks like quite a hateful place if you read some of what has been posted (then deleted) on my pics. I noticed that you can set it to private but does that stop you being able to share pics on forums?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8539
    Ha ha, I use it for hosting mundan images of things for sale, I've just gone back and read some comments, hilarious! I too was oblivious to this.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6191
    tFB Trader
    Setting it to private still allows you to share the pics on forums...
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27123
    Imgur is actually quite funny, but they’re not huge fans of random photos posted for use on forums and stuff - if those are left as public. If you set them private you can still link to them here, they just won’t get posted to the stream of imgur posts on imgur itself.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    ThorpyFX said:
    Setting it to private still allows you to share the pics on forums...
    That's exactly what I'll do then, thanks mate :)
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader

dindude said:
    Ha ha, I use it for hosting mundan images of things for sale, I've just gone back and read some comments, hilarious! I too was oblivious to this.
    It's full of complete freaks. At first I thought it was  bots tbh but I genuinely now think the smack head population of the world does indeed know how to use the internet... Imgur is their favourite site 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16733
    I always get a few odd comments, but I have generally found them to be reasonably positive.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7778
    It's often used in conjuction with Reddit so lots of students use it. Reddit can be fun if you're the type of person who likes to go wild. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I had no idea people could leave comments!

I have always uploaded as private because you can still link elsewhere.