Put me off this Squier...

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11790
    Alnico said:
    I can only bring 2 guitars to the Northampton Jam as I'm on the train and on foot.

I was going to bring the Strat and the Ibanez Universe but the UV 7 string isn't really relevant to anything we're playing and the Telecaster is, so I can bring that if you Ed or anyone else who's going wants to see and play it?

I'd like to give it a go "On stage" as it were since I haven't done that with this one yet.
    Great idea would love to have a go on it properly amped up.

We need a Northampton jam gear and logistics thread potentially, check we have ticked all the boxes.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_ said:
    You only have to spend a bit more for a Fender one with proper wide-range pickups, no? I'd do that.

Not snobbery, I love Squiers, I just know that the proper Fender wide-range pups are a lot better.
    I am sure I saw a comparison vid with the MIM version and the guy said the pups were the same...  :o

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    "Evening, squire!
    Squire: (stiffly) Good evening.
    Man: Is, uh,...Is your wife a goer, eh?  Know whatahmean, know whatahmean,
         nudge nudge, know whatahmean, say no more?
    Squire: I, uh, I beg your pardon?
    M: Your, uh, your wife, does she go, eh, does she go, eh?
    S: (flustered) Well, she sometimes "goes", yes.
    M: Aaaaaaaah bet she does, I bet she does, say no more, say no more,
       knowwhatahmean, nudge nudge?"

That's Enough to put anyone off...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

I built @Alnico 's Tele.

Tip one - drop @GSPBASSES a line and ask him if you can have a build slot.

That would be an unfinished neck and body. Now, you could send off to one of the talented finishers or have a go yourself. A tru oil or wudtone finish is pretty straight forward.

Tip two - ask on here if anyone has any spare bits. I've got quite a few spare tele bits in my box - they are cheap to come by and can do a good job 

Tip three - start a build thread to define specs and get ideas for your build

Tip four - get some tools. You don't need much, but decent tools help a lot. Can you solder? If not, it's def worth learning.

We will all help you through it...!

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11916
    you should be buying this instead
    https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/fender-pawn-shop-51-stratocaster-black-mij-limited-edition-japanese-electric-guitar/1200062453

Japanese, tele neck
    Thomann and others were selling the last of the first run off at Chinese prices (I paid £355 new), so you will see a lot at good prices used

The neck pickup was lovely, but I didn't like the bridge one, and fitted a 3 way LP style switch instead of the blend

stunning to play, up there with USA standards of course, they were supposed to be £800 or £900
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4928
    £358 for a Squier???
    Right. Some thoughts.

I built @Alnico 's Tele.

That would be an unfinished neck and body. Now, you could send off to one of the talented finishers or have a go yourself. A tru oil or wudtone finish is pretty straight forward.

Tip two - ask on here if anyone has any spare bits. I've got quite a few spare tele bits in my box - they are cheap to come by and can do a good job 

Tip four - get some tools. You don't need much, but decent tools help a lot. Can you solder? If not, it's def worth learning.

Thanks @Bridgehouse you have given me a lot to think about :)
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Right. Some thoughts.

I built @Alnico 's Tele.

Ed.......you've played my Tele haven't you?
    Alnico said:
    Right. Some thoughts.

I built @Alnico 's Tele.

Ed.......you've played my Tele haven't you?
    Sure have - that's why I asked @Bridgehouse about it as I know he knows what he is talking about! :)
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Yes he does.
    My Tele is amazing, better (for me) than a Squier.

I'll bring it to the Jam for people to hear and try.
    :)