Has anyone sold on a tube amp and kept a Katana head or combo ?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    I wonder if the 50w is somehow better sounding than the 100w?  A lot of the "I can't believe how good this sounds" reports are about the 50w, and the "meh" about the 100w. Maybe as @p90fool alludes to, some sort of difference in the initial setup. Or possibly the smaller magnet in the speaker in the 50w is somehow more vibey than the big 100w speaker. Just a guess. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3229
    I wonder if the 50w is somehow better sounding than the 100w?  A lot of the "I can't believe how good this sounds" reports are about the 50w, and the "meh" about the 100w. Maybe as @p90fool alludes to, some sort of difference in the initial setup. Or possibly the smaller magnet in the speaker in the 50w is somehow more vibey than the big 100w speaker. Just a guess. 
    Interesting, the suggestion would normally be the other way regarding the speaker magnet but you might be onto something. I’ve just picked up a 50w and though I haven’t tried this with the band the half hour I’ve spent with it this eve has really impressed me. It’s got a really strong clean-crunch tone that may just be as good as my valve amp with the tele straight in. I’m looking forward to experimenting with the Fx parameters too as I get to know it. 

Ofcourse this may all change within a live setting, so I’m not going to start selling gear off but my first impressions are very positive.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom