which UPS service do i need to pick to get coverage for shipping a guitar to Finland

i am sure its been discussed many times - sorry
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1307
    Go to interparcel website, enter pickup and destinaton details and you'll get all available services including UPS. During the booking process you'll also get a chance to insure the parcel if you wish.
  • Dan86Dan86 Frets: 116
    edited October 2017
    Have you tried Interparcel? You type in the 2 postcodes (collection and delivery) and it will bring up your options for UPS etc. 
    You can also choose insurance amount.
    My art/photography : http://danuk86.deviantart.com
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14370
    tFB Trader
    ditto for interparcel and UPS from me
  • cheers - its odd but when i look on UPS site directly and select cover for £2000 the express service shoots up in price to around £120 (extra £75 with endurance) but the standard service price only goes up by an extra £30 when i add cover.

On the interparcel site for UPS both express and standard go up by around £75 when i add cover
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14370
    tFB Trader
    compare same option on www.parcel2go.com

I'd be surprised if you dealing directly with UPS will be anywhere near the price of Interparcel or Parcel2go - These agents are generally so much cheaper - not sure how insurance prices compare via these agents as I have a dedicated policy to cover me for worldwide transit insurance
  • the express service more expensive on UPS direct but the standard service with cover is almost half price (just concerned that the standard service has some form of hidden exemptions meaning its not covered.
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    edited October 2017
    I sent a Feyette Power Station to a FB'er in Finland earlier this year, with no issues. It went by UPS through Interparcel. It took 8 days to get there: Luton - Barking - Herne-Boring (DE) - Hamburg (DE) - Copenhagen (DK) - Helsinki (FL) - Tampere (FL) and Pori (delivery).
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Couriers all intermingle traffic, hence all of the smaller courier companies.
    For example anything out of London to the states flies out at night on a Fed-Ex plane every day.
    There are exceptions but that's the broad brush.
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 455
    Using Interparcel does have it's drawbacks. Their terms of use are vague in places, they don't follow things like UPS money back guarantee if you delivery is late, their front line customer service people are not very knowledge about shipping guitar - they'll tell you Parcelforce will fully insure an instrument. All in all they are the best of a pretty bad bunch. 

Shipping a guitar in hard case with insurance for £800 will come in around £50. 
  • mortmort Frets: 719
    You should also check out UPS via  transglobalexpress 
  • cheers everyone