NAD: Crazy AC15 thingy

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Seriously though, that's how you do an original looking amp head without making something fugly (cough marshall). Lovely work. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Oh I'd so love a bass head that looked like that. With a blue light. Yes, a blue light. 
    Always fancied building a valve bass head. With the transformers required it would weigh roughly a tonne though. :)
    Yeah, I bet ;)

Now if you ever fancied a cheap SVT clone to work on.....
    Huh? Sounds interesting, PM me :)
    I will do - I'd really like a valve bass head - not too many watts, just enough for recording. I really like the early Ampeg tone (b15, SVT etc).

Thinking about it, an Ampeg b15 clone would be something I was really interested in!!!
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    @4114Effects how hard would it be to add the 12ax7 channel to mine? It does have a 12ax7 boost in it, but this amp looks absolutely amazing.

In fact, trade you back? ;) 
    Adding a Top-boost channel shouldn't be a problem, it would obviously mean a re-jig of the control panel though. 
    tFB Trader
    Oh I'd so love a bass head that looked like that. With a blue light. Yes, a blue light. 
    Always fancied building a valve bass head. With the transformers required it would weigh roughly a tonne though. :)
    Yeah, I bet ;)

I will do - I'd really like a valve bass head - not too many watts, just enough for recording. I really like the early Ampeg tone (b15, SVT etc).

Thinking about it, an Ampeg b15 clone would be something I was really interested in!!!
    B15 would be an excellent amp to build. I already have suitable transformers :)
    Yeah, I bet ;)

Oh really...? Well now..

The other thing I'd love is a b15 style valve preamp DI pedal. That would get me excited as well...!
    tFB Trader
    Yeah, I bet ;)

Oh really...? Well now..

The other thing I'd love is a b15 style valve preamp DI pedal. That would get me excited as well...!
    I think I'm actually going to build a b15 anyway now for my own use ... you've inspired me. Maybe double the output valves to 4x6l6 for a bit more headroom though ... hmmm

@4114Effects  - very keen to know how it goes.. I'd love a b15 clone.