Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Albums with ONE absolute stinker of a track on them ?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    NickL said:
    Electric Ladyland - Little Miss Strange, the token Noel Redding song which always has me reaching for the skip button.

I'd say the same about She's So Fine on Axis: Bold As Love as well, but that also has the equally skippable spoof interview about aliens as the first track.

I've always liked 'She's So Fine'.

I also like 'Octopuses Garden'!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prowla said:
    Whatever the album is that has "Lady In Red" on it!
    If ever one song ended a music career, great choice
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    prowla said:
    Whatever the album is that has "Lady In Red" on it!
    If ever one song ended a music career, great choice
    TBH he was on borrowed time anyway after "A Spaceman Came Travelling"
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Dire Straits - Making Movies. An otherwise great album is marred by the excruciating Les Boys... thankfully the last track. Knopfler does cabaret style camp. No thanks mate!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72403
    AlexC said:
    Dire Straits - Making Movies. An otherwise great album is marred by the excruciating Les Boys... thankfully the last track. Knopfler does cabaret style camp. No thanks mate!
    I used to hate that too, but I've actually grown to like it.

EricTheWeary said:

D’yer Maker is the only song off it I listen to with any regularity. Over the Hills and Far Away I remember fondly. I generally have a love-hate thing going with Led Zep though, even the songs I like I usually feel should have been edited down. 
    My choice for Zeppelin would be the aptly-named The Lemon Song. It is...

I'm not a fan of Anyone's Daughter on Deep Purple's Fireball either.

Illegal Alien on Genesis' 'shapes' album is another one. Why it's on there and In The Air Tonight was rejected and ended up on Collins' solo album, I have no idea.

Yazoo - I Before E Except After C on the original vinyl version of Upstairs At Erics's. I think it's meant to be abstract experimentalism or something, but it's just irritating. Thankfully someone else thought so and it isn't on the CD re-release.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Anything by zappa  
    Facepalm!
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1058
    The lemon song is one of my favourites!

Is there a Beatles album on which there are no stinkers? I cant think of one where i dont have to skip at least one  track. To be fair the rest of the tracks are always above average lol
  • prowla said:
    "Wish Them Well" of Clockwork Angels is a duff track.

I think Rush agree, because I saw them on that tour and they didn't play that song.

The rest of the album is their best work since Moving Pictures.
    I agree about it being a duff track, just doesn't sit right with the rest of the album. I believe they played it on the North American leg, it appears on the live album from that tour.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72403

Is there a Beatles album on which there are no stinkers?
    All of them. I rarely even skip Bungalow Bill, and that's probably my least favourite Beatles song.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Another vote for My World on Use Your Illusion 2.

Totally at odds with the rest of the album and you get the impression the band allowed Axl to stick it on there for fear of him throwing another massive tantrum...
  • IvanMCIvanMC Frets: 91
    edited November 2017
    quarky said:
    Big Balls from Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap. I really can't stand it.
    My World from Use Your Illusion II.
    I think this is a good album, which includes good stuff but also anodyne stuff, as it were. And then there's My World, which is massive shite. Why did they do it? Were they stone mental? Nunogilberto might be right: Axl Rose's tantrums might have been worse than this utter piece of turd called My World.
  • IvanMCIvanMC Frets: 91
    Rust in Peace by Megadeth is a supreme work of art. But it includes Dawn Patrol.
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    edited November 2017
    Love Secrets on Passion and Warfare
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    Soundgarden's Superunknown will always be one of my favourite albums but 'half' is rubbish