2016 - LP Studio vs Studio Faded

What's Hot
darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11876
Hi all,

Quick one, I've got a 2016 Gibson LP Studio Faded in Satin Black.

Andertons are selling off 2016 Studios in lots of sexy colours.

Now... I'm not going to lose money trading a Faded for an err... unfaded, if they are basically the same with a prettier finish, but is anyone aware of other spec differences, e.g. pickups etc?

The last thing I need in another LP so its a trade in thing rather than to put on the pile...
You are the dreamer, and the dream...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2337

I'm sure it might just be the finish. I assume no hardcase?

Is £900 even a cheap deal? Doesn't seem that low a price to me.

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11876

Oh I'm not desperate to buy, mine cost me £540 back at the tail end of 2016, was wondering what an extra £300-400 would have gotten me.
  • adamm82adamm82 Frets: 448
    edited October 2017

Oh I'm not desperate to buy, mine cost me £540 back at the tail end of 2016, was wondering what an extra £300-400 would have gotten me.
    I have the 2016 studio T, 
    there are some subtle differences excluding the finish and the hardcase.

Differences between the 2.
    faded has burstbuckers, the studio T has 490R and 498T they are also coil tapped. 

the faded as has a rosewood fingerboard the studio t has a 'Thicker' rosewood fingerboard

Profile on the faded is rounded and the studio T is slim profile.

the tuners are on faded are SP1, on the studio T SP1-B slightly different materials.

bridge on faded is part 
    430-10119 on the studio t it's an PBBR -30
    same deal with the tail piece. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11876
    Ahh, on that list the only thing I think one would notice apart from the coil taps of course is the different pickups - tonally how do they differ?
  • adamm82adamm82 Frets: 448
    Ahh, on that list the only thing I think one would notice apart from the coil taps of course is the different pickups - tonally how do they differ?
    :) I never use them! they don't really sound like single coils more like humbuckers that have calmed down a bit. It's hard to explain. I find the 490R and 498T a bit dark

• WeststarxWeststarx Frets: 6
    edited October 2017
    Nah don't do it! It really isn't that much of a good deal at all for what the guitar is. DEFINITELY not worth selling trading your current one in for.

I bought one of the Inverness Green ones (for £700 around 8 months ago), very poor quality for the price (sharp frets, poor tuning stability etc). I would have a look at Amazon on/around black friday, I imagine they will give them away as they have done in the past at a more realistic price for what you are paying for.

If I had the money again, I would have bought a higher end Epiphone instead or even better - an ESP.