SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Many fine guitars, mostly MIJ vintage

What's Hot

Comments

• cm01cm01 Frets: 458
    What’s the neck line on the 1980 Greco EG 480?  Chunky or on the thinner side?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • A couple of things: You're not supposed to delete the sold ones - just mark them sold or something. And you'll probably have more luck selling the left-handers in LH Guitars £.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • cm01 said:
    What’s the neck line on the 1980 Greco EG 480?  Chunky or on the thinner side?
    it is thin.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3912
    edited November 2019
    A couple of things: You're not supposed to delete the sold ones - just mark them sold or something. And you'll probably have more luck selling the left-handers in LH Guitars £.
    Lots of deleted comments but the mods haven't intervened so they must be happy the rules haven't been broken.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I already figured that old listings should stay (thought the opposite initially as they fill the thread with non existing ads)
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4931
    Oh - I was thinking @russianbear had bailed...
  • Sorry, @russianbear, that came across as a bit harsher than I meant - it's useful to people to be able to see sold stuff (and the prices, so we can get an idea of the value of things that have sold). In addition, some of us just like looking at the photos. But no offence intended - there's been some lovely stuff in this thread. There was one black Les Paul on page one that I particularly liked. Oh, and I'm liking the continuing Duoton story - good luck with that!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4931
    For me, trawling through the thread to see if there are new things is a bit cumbersome. 
  • they want to keep the old ads for online search engines which is smart thinking.
  • russianbearrussianbear Frets: 246
    edited July 2020
    / deleted a double post
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2020
    //SOLD//

£800
    1976 Greco EGC1000 + Case

All original, in really good cosmetic condition. Brand new frets with very expensive class of set up. Original U-3000 pickups set. Not perticularly heavy - 4.3kg which is very decent for a 70s construction LP. Brand new hard case.

A collectible guitar for a great price.

Grab an x-mas bargain!

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2020
    //SOLD//
    ESP Navigator Telecaster

Special xmas price includes free shipping!

It's virtually mint condition. The pickguard is not original but it is new and hardly even scratched. The rest of the guitar is original, I specifically double checked everything because it's so clean that it even gets suspicious. All soldering is factory intact.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2020

Ibanez AR50 Artist Made in Japan 1989 + Case

SOLD

Price includes free postage.

It's a guitar that does not need a special introduction. A Les Paul by ingridients, but with a more versatile sound, and much better ergonomics. Flat fretboard, thin radius, great heel and upper octaves access, light weight (it weighs as a strat). A brighter, twangier I dare to say sound that makes it a "one size fits all" guitar of choice.

All stock, nothing modded, in very good condition.

edited July 2020

Heerby LS500

£600

Made in Japan at Kasuga factory - the same one that produced famous Burny and Yamaha semiacoustics at some point.

Construction wise, it is a chambered body single cut with a maple laminate top.
    Super light. Very very comfortable for everyday stage use.

Tone wise, it is inbetween a ES and a LP. Super versatile guitar, can go from hard rock to jazz very easily. The tone quality and dynamic range is fantastic, as good as Gibsons or even higher.

Electronics are high range Maxon pickups (same ones used on expensive Greco EG900s). The pots and everything is original and high quality as well. I changed the tuners to klusons. Originally, it had Grover type tuners.

Frets are great and set up. Inlays are looking real good (unlike most Aria Pro's for example)

This is a very resonant, living instrument you will thoroughly enjoy playing.

SPECS SUMMARY

• Body: Mahogany + Ply Maple (ES335 type top)
    • Neck: Mahogany+Rosewood
    • Pickups: Original Maxons
    • Fret Condition: Great. Polished and set up.
    • Weight: 3.5kg / 7.7lbs
    • Neck Thickness: 23mm / 0.90"
    • Scale: 24.75"
    • Neck Radius: 12"
    • Nut Width: 42mm / 1.65"
    • Bridge: Original ABR1
    • Tuners: Kluson
    • Case: New Thomann ABS Case
    • Strings: 10-45 Thomastik Powerbrights.
    DEMO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIvN-HwU1ms&t=133s

MORE PICS - click the spoiler: 

edited July 2020

//SOLD//

1996 Gibson ES-335 w. OHSC

£1700 shipped

From the 90s era, so do not expect it to be candy glossy and super "good looking". It's the proper era for the sound, though, and that's exactly what you're buying here.

It is heavy - 4.1kgs.
    The neck is 90s DEFAULT one. Like 90% of them.
    Original hard case.
    Original frets, crowned and polished.
    Of course, dings, scratches and scuffs.
    Of course, NOT BROKEN OR REPAIRED.
    Of course, no import taxes for EU and UK.

I would be interested in part'exing i for a couple of pedals, if you have anything you're not needing, offer me straight away (if you are EU & UK based).

edited July 2020

Greco EG900 1976 Honeyburst Nitro Refinish + Case 

£850 Shipped

Original finish was black and very severely damaged by transport during -60C winter in 2016. It now has absolutely gorgeous honeyburst with black back in nitrocellulose lacquer. It will relic itself properly beautiful over time.

It's one of the maple neck "norlins" that sound RIGHT. It has clarity in the highs and just a tiny bit of compression for an "in your face" produced effect in the tone. It is absolutely breathtaking in cleans.

Original pickups and electronics. Tuners are not original, but from another rare Greco. I think they suit this guitar very well, and work seamlessly. The stopbar is original, but the bridge is not (neck had 7.25" radius, and now it is 10", so I used a flatter radius bridge).

It has got brand new medium nickel frets (Jescar), with very expensive professional setup.

This EG900 has rosewood fretboard, not ebony. Mother of pearl inlays. Hard case is brand new.

DEMO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbVZBvE9MEw

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2020

1998 Burny RLC John Sykes Model + Case

SOLD
    Free shipping with DPD

It's a made in Japan Burny JS model.
    The frets are brand new, medium Jescar Nickel with very high level of luthier work on setup.
    It is very heavy.

This very guitar's sound is so good that it will take some effort to find a Gibson that matches it.
    Dimarzio Anniversary PAF / Dimarzio ToneZone pickups.
    1982 K40Y-9 0.01 paper in oil capacitors, a huge upgrade to tone knobs usability!

Brand new Thomann ABS case.

Please note that this is a vintage guitar and it has LOTS of scratches and dents, and all that implies heavy playing for 40 years. 

edited September 2020

Greco EGC1000 EG1000 EGC-1000 EG 1000 1976 + Case

SOLD

Best playing maple neck EGC1000 I've had. Worn and played. Original U-3000 pickups and hardware. Hard case.

It is a superthin maple+ebony neck, and reasonable weight for a 70s Les Paul Custom (9,4lbs / 4,3kg)

Polyurethane original finish (only 1980 and 1981 were finished in nitro)

Original frets.

It has incredible clean tone, check out my video with it.

The cosmetic condition is heavy, ancient relic. If that's not okay with you - this is as much "not for you" guitar as it can possibly be!

DEMO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khq_q7O-fGg

MORE PICS: click the spoiler:

edited September 2020

Guyatone LG350 Sharp 5 1960s

SOLD

A rare Japanese Jaguar with no setup headache involved. I like its pickups a lot lot more than on Fender Jaguars - these have the low end "air" and dynamics that are absent in fender's tin-can sound.

The frets are really worn and need to be changed. I WILL DO IT at my expense, and you will need to let me know your preferred fret type and size! The only reason I have not refretted it yet is because I want to give you the option to choose.

There's a modification done previously - a second tone knob added. I also had to replace the whole electronics, originals were complete toast from age. 

The cosmetic condition is super heavy relic, and in a nice way. See photos.

These are very rare outside of Japan.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2020

Tokai Silver Star Strat 1978

SOLD

All original

Had a psychopath ex owner who drilled some holes (they had screws in them when I bought it). Well, take it or leave it, it now has those five holes in the body. Can be filled / masked, can be left alone. Grab a bargain because of that.

https://youtu.be/_N2TJHwmWs4

MORE PICS  (Click the spoiler)