Any JMP-1 users here that could help me out? (FX loop levels at serial setting tone suck)

2»

Comments

• Nabbed a GSP1101 on ebay complete with the floor controller (which I'll not really require so will sell on ... along with the G Major 2)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GSP1101 arrived - pristine condition. Tried it out in both 4CM and in the loop with the JMP-1 and ....... not really 100% satisfied - seems to tone suck a little - in both bypass and active.

I dug out the old Boss GX-700 which was at fault when I resurrected the rig making it very low output. What I've now found out is that it was only the rear input socket that was at fault on the GX-700 (apparently a common enough fault for these units to blow the Op-Amp in the rear input circuit) - if I run a cable out from the JMP-1 loop send to the front input of the GX-700 it operates in all it's former glory ........ and just like I remember from all those years ago, it has a really good signal through path - no tone suck and plays nice with the JMP-1's finnickity loop in 'serial'. 

So I've drilled a hole in the top brace bar of the rack and have run a cable from the JMP-1 send through to the GX-700 front input using a right angle jack so it can be left permanently plugged in with the rack lids in place.

Sometime I'll probably try and get the Boss rear input fixed if I can find a decent local electrical engineer happy to work on stuff surface mounted on PCBs.

For it's age it's a surprisingly good FX unit (for live work) and really straightforward to edit.
  • can you write down on here, exactly what order i should put my jmp1 with the g force, that would be easier for me, thanks